Netflix Hints At Password Sharing Crackdown As Subscribers Fall

Netflix is actually just experiencing a return to normality after the boost of Covid-driven extra subscriptions. They've also taken a hit from the loss of Russian subscriptions, like many other businesses. Nothing to see here IMO.

Netflix is actually just experiencing a return to normality after the boost of Covid-driven extra subscriptions. They've also taken a hit from the loss of Russian subscriptions, like many other businesses. Nothing to see here IMO.

Obviously the markets went crazy thinking the world had changed fundamentally through the pandemic, and share prices for Netflix and similar were overinflated. Reality is more where we are now.

Mentioned before, but that's what I do. I have prime on all the time because I get value from the deliveries etc anyway. Other streaming services I just use for a month then cancel. Normally cancel as soon as I sign up in case I forget later. I joined Netflix to watch squid game then cancelled. At some point I'll rejoin to see the next series of cobra kai (but I'm not too bothered about it so haven't done so yet, will wait until there's another series I want to see as well). I'll get Disney back at some point a different month to watch the walking dead then cancel it again as well.

Its amazing, you stay off a service for about a year, come back, and there's not as much new stuff as you'd expect. Watch the show I joined for, then see what else there is for a couple of weeks and try again a year later! That's where all of them fail for me, except Prime, they simply don't have enough to keep you with them long term
An additional benefit of this approach is that you actually keep up with watching the stuff as you have a limited period to do it in. “I’ll finish that this month.”

I think if Netflix started using adverts it would be the final straw for their many more of their customers too, Youtube has gotten considerably worse in the last few months with ads, seemingly every few minutes on some videos and they're charging £11.99 which will get rid of them (and access other content like YouTube Music Premium) which is ludicrous so wonder whether or not Netflix will offer a premium ad-free membership too. Time will tell.

I still like physical media and have loads of dvds and blurays and I'm quite happy to pay £10-£15 for a film here and there but pretty quick to turn my nose up at monthly fees increasing for hours of content :rolleyes: :lol:
If they started adverts I think I'll cancel it

I think if Netflix started using adverts it would be the final straw for their many more of their customers too, Youtube has gotten considerably worse in the last few months with ads, seemingly every few minutes on some videos and they're charging £11.99 which will get rid of them (and access other content like YouTube Music Premium) which is ludicrous so wonder whether or not Netflix will offer a premium ad-free membership too. Time will tell.

I still like physical media and have loads of dvds and blurays and I'm quite happy to pay £10-£15 for a film here and there but pretty quick to turn my nose up at monthly fees increasing for hours of content :rolleyes: :lol:

Surely the point if they done adverts would be they wouldn't charge for the subscription and work like All4 etc.

I'm surprised one of them doesn't do it tbh but only allow low quality streams or limited content (have to wait a couple weeks for new stuff for example or certain movies are paid only). People would pay tbh and you'd make money off the advertising for tight arses who wouldn't pay either way.

Surely the point if they done adverts would be they wouldn't charge for the subscription and work like All4 etc.

I'm surprised one of them doesn't do it tbh but only allow low quality streams or limited content (have to wait a couple weeks for new stuff for example or certain movies are paid only). People would pay tbh and you'd make money off the advertising for tight arses who wouldn't pay either way.
yep, its coming, cheaper sub anyway.

Will they ever implement something that’ll work though? Surely not if part of their sub means you can watch remotely.
I think it’s more a scare tactic. They won’t be able to identify it properly surely
It's a nice try, but I doubt it'll work.

We still watch netflix more than Prime, I think. Disney plus is better for me these days though.
I love Disney+
A lot of the tv shows I leave on in the background are on there

Scubs
Bobs burgers
Park and rec
Always sunny
X files
Etc

It’s my favourite platform
Sure my eldest has shared my password with his mates as I often get log ins from all over the frigging country :evil:
People hack them and sell them. Change your password and see

Last edited:
It’s crap mind. I honestly think I’ve only ever sat down and properly watched Narcos and STID on it. The little un loves Camp Cretaceous and Trollhunters but otherwise it’s nowhere near value for money.

It’s crap mind. I honestly think I’ve only ever sat down and properly watched Narcos and STID on it. The little un loves Camp Cretaceous and Trollhunters but otherwise it’s nowhere near value for money.
Watching Better Call Saul now. Money Heist. In the middle of that Dr Dre one. Could get them all on my dodgy box anarl like.

Back