Netflix Hints At Password Sharing Crackdown As Subscribers Fall

Surely they had a rise during the lockdowns and this is just people cancelling/not renewing as they're allowed out now and have watched everything?

Their customer numbers dropped from 221.8m to 221.6m

Of that; it included 700k Russia customers who have been switched off, so they actually gained 500k customers before shutting off the Russians

They expect to lose another 2m next quarter. But if you raise your prices 10% and only lose 1% of customers then you're quids in.

So aye, inevitable that some people who subscribed during covid will drop off but the underlying trend is still up. The whole 'Netflix is fucked' narrative is totally overstated imo.

Last edited:
Dare,? you think its risky ?

Aye on my bank balance.

It's not grammatically wrong that like, "If you do not dare to do something, you do not have enough courage to do it, or you do not want to do it because you fear the consequences. If you dare to do something, you do something which requires a lot of courage."

Aye on my bank balance.

It's not grammatically wrong that like, "If you do not dare to do something, you do not have enough courage to do it, or you do not want to do it because you fear the consequences. If you dare to do something, you do something which requires a lot of courage."

You sound genuinely clever and have sussed ways to save £3 a week on Netflix. A slightly overweighted worrying for paying that has driven you . I work too hard to spend time trying to save £3 .
I dare to not bother
They're in massive debt. $14.5 billion. They pay $752 million in interest per annum. Why do idiots treat companies as charities?
Not that interested what's going on but you can have plenty debt in a successful business if your turnover and profit covers it . Asda will owe a fortune to creditors everyday

Last edited:
You sound genuinely clever and have sussed ways to save £3 a week on Netflix. A slightly overweighted worrying for paying that has driven you . I work too hard to spend time trying to save £3 .
I dare to not bother

Not that interested what's going on but you can have plenty debt in a successful business if your turnover and profit covers it . Asda will owe a fortune to creditors everyday

It's not £3 a week though when you start to add in Disney+, Sky / Now TV, Sunderland Away games (have a ST), Amazon Prime, Discovery Plus, American Stuff (not aired here until months after), Buying Movies and so on. It'll be closer to £30 a week and you get the lot plus much more. Netflix is the worst out the lot of them anyway imo.

It's just so fragmented now and expensive really for what 5 decent shows then utter tripe and stuff for free elsewhere.

Last edited:
Read something the other day about Netflix that you only have to watch something for 2 minutes for it to be classed as a single view?
Yeah, seem to recall this argument about how many people actually followed through on the full series of Squid Game. When it phenomenally destroyed Bridgerton funnily enough.

Disney+ is probably my most used. Netflix is dying a death and unless they sort their shit out fast they’re gonna be the bottom of the race

Thought it was canny past couple year but noticed price going up again , May just bin it .
Need to get a chipped box or fire stick, can bin virgin tele then also , getting too pricey
Chipped box? Can you get a time machine, while you're at it? Divven't think they've chipped boxes this century, have they?

Seriously, though, if you've got a smart telly, you probably don't even need a firestick. Content can go straight on your telly.

Back