Netflix Hints At Password Sharing Crackdown As Subscribers Fall

People saying "long live firestick" if everyone binned off netflix, disney+ etc where will the programmes come from to watch on the firestick?
People so pissed off with them but so desperate to watch the 'crap' content they are willing to commit a criminal offence.

That helps me in my decision even more then haha.
I expect they'll eventually start to offer discounts if you sign up for 12 months, albeit that still wouldn't tempt me as I only need it about 2 months a year to catch up with everything! Disney have tried releasing the last series of the walking dead in 3 parts, but that's not tempted me either. I'm not desperate to see 8 episodes then wait months to see the next 8, I'll just wait until they're all out and binge the lot. Just too many services, each with only a couple of things I actually want to watch, eventually when people start cancelling you can see all of them struggling unless, like prime, they can offer something else to keep you paying

That helps me in my decision even more then haha.

The Netflix limited series content has been very good from what I've watched, similar to a lot of the BBC mini-series.

Because they have a defined ending in mind the shows tend to work pretty well. Unlike the long running shite where they have a year or two in mind then string it out with no real story for as long as they can cash in (see Lost, Prison Break, Walking Dead, etc.)

I expect they'll eventually start to offer discounts if you sign up for 12 months, albeit that still wouldn't tempt me as I only need it about 2 months a year to catch up with everything! Disney have tried releasing the last series of the walking dead in 3 parts, but that's not tempted me either. I'm not desperate to see 8 episodes then wait months to see the next 8, I'll just wait until they're all out and binge the lot. Just too many services, each with only a couple of things I actually want to watch, eventually when people start cancelling you can see all of them struggling unless, like prime, they can offer something else to keep you paying
Yeah, could definitely see them going down the PS Plus type route. 6/12 month variants of a discount.

The Netflix limited series content has been very good from what I've watched, similar to a lot of the BBC mini-series.

Because they have a defined ending in mind the shows tend to work pretty well. Unlike the long running shite where they have a year or two in mind then string it out with no real story for as long as they can cash in (see Lost, Prison Break, Walking Dead, etc.)
Maniac with Emma Stone and Jonah Hill was probably my favourite over the past few years like.

I think if Netflix started using adverts it would be the final straw for their many more of their customers too, Youtube has gotten considerably worse in the last few months with ads, seemingly every few minutes on some videos and they're charging £11.99 which will get rid of them (and access other content like YouTube Music Premium) which is ludicrous so wonder whether or not Netflix will offer a premium ad-free membership too. Time will tell.

I still like physical media and have loads of dvds and blurays and I'm quite happy to pay £10-£15 for a film here and there but pretty quick to turn my nose up at monthly fees increasing for hours of content :rolleyes: :lol:

I think if Netflix started using adverts it would be the final straw for their many more of their customers too, Youtube has gotten considerably worse in the last few months with ads, seemingly every few minutes on some videos and they're charging £11.99 which will get rid of them (and access other content like YouTube Music Premium) which is ludicrous so wonder whether or not Netflix will offer a premium ad-free membership too. Time will tell.

I still like physical media and have loads of dvds and blurays and I'm quite happy to pay £10-£15 for a film here and there but pretty quick to turn my nose up at monthly fees increasing for hours of content :rolleyes: :lol:
I'm the same mate, I'd think nowt of buying a CD for £10 but there's no chance I'm having a £10 subscription for nearly all the music in the world!

I'm surprised they haven't went down the prime route of acquiring live sports content. When people decide to bin services off the fact Amazon has sports content over others will play a factor in there decision

Thought it was canny past couple year but noticed price going up again , May just bin it .
Need to get a chipped box or fire stick, can bin virgin tele then also , getting too pricey
Couldnt be bothered to even trial all these money saving options for summit thats £2.30 a week
Between Netflix and stuff recorded on Sky and free BBC C4 type catch ups that will do me .
Top boy was class and loads of canny stuff to dip into and follow if you like them .
Mentioned before, but that's what I do. I have prime on all the time because I get value from the deliveries etc anyway. Other streaming services I just use for a month then cancel. Normally cancel as soon as I sign up in case I forget later. I joined Netflix to watch squid game then cancelled. At some point I'll rejoin to see the next series of cobra kai (but I'm not too bothered about it so haven't done so yet, will wait until there's another series I want to see as well). I'll get Disney back at some point a different month to watch the walking dead then cancel it again as well.

Its amazing, you stay off a service for about a year, come back, and there's not as much new stuff as you'd expect. Watch the show I joined for, then see what else there is for a couple of weeks and try again a year later! That's where all of them fail for me, except Prime, they simply don't have enough to keep you with them long term
I know what you mean about new but it can be old but new to you
There must be a million hours content on there so when people saying there's nothing on there is .Its not Bravo channel quality either .
i just find i don't know what i want to watch so don't know how more providers will really focus me ,more likely make it worse
Most of my recent favourites i didnt seek out i just thought i'll give it a go

Last edited:
Couldnt be bothered to even trial all these money saving options for summit thats £2.30 a week
Between Netflix and stuff recorded on Sky and free BBC C4 type catch ups that will do me .
Top boy was class and loads of canny stuff to dip into and follow if you like them .

I know what you mean about new but it can be old but new to you
There must be a million hours content on there so when people saying there's nothing on there is .Its not Bravo channel quality either .
i just find i don't know what i want to watch so don't know how more providers will really focus me ,more likely make it worse
Most of my recent favourites i didnt seek out i just thought i'll give it a go
I know what you mean mate, but I had Netflix for about a year and had completely ran out of things to watch. To be fair I'm quite picky with what I like, some will just browse and watch almost anything. But when I get it back for a month I look for newly released stuff and watch the couple of things of interest, then see if there's any older films etc that I've missed, but I don't watch many so I tend to draw a blank. If someone was more into foreign language films, or just had a wider taste, there might be enough to keep them subscribing I suppose.

Mind having said that, I see the list of "newly added" stuff that Netflix post and most of the comments suggest it's stuff they had before, that most will have watched if they wanted to, which is then removed and added again later as a "new addition". There's loads and loads of content, but how much of it is genuinely worth watching? Not much for me

I know what you mean mate, but I had Netflix for about a year and had completely ran out of things to watch. To be fair I'm quite picky with what I like, some will just browse and watch almost anything. But when I get it back for a month I look for newly released stuff and watch the couple of things of interest, then see if there's any older films etc that I've missed, but I don't watch many so I tend to draw a blank. If someone was more into foreign language films, or just had a wider taste, there might be enough to keep them subscribing I suppose.

Mind having said that, I see the list of "newly added" stuff that Netflix post and most of the comments suggest it's stuff they had before, that most will have watched if they wanted to, which is then removed and added again later as a "new addition". There's loads and loads of content, but how much of it is genuinely worth watching? Not much for me
The one issue I'd say which someone mentioned is ,it, deciding what you like .
I go to my brothers and his screen has totally different choices coming up .
I remember 3 then 4 channels
Like it it lump it so I'm canny at giving stuff a go
I don't watch loads but I see that as me not the provider .

netflix is £84 a year , amazon prime is £80 and you get free deliv, music, books etc and with amazon you can say your beer has been damaged when being delivered and get another free :eek:
:eek:;)

Back