Netflix has 104 million subscribers worldwide

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can bring up lists by genre or what's popular in exodus too.

Netflix has a better interface, auto plays the next episode, has 4k etc. I use netflix all the time.

My point wasn't to bash netflix, is was that kodi isn't difficult.

Netflix changes based on device as well. For example the PS4 interface is even better than the PC or Internet TV interface

it has Rick and Morty and southpark

enough to keep me happy and my wife annoyed!!

cant decide whether the lost internet or the warcraft episodes of south park or the best (black friday one is funny as well)

The ones about the election last year and their portrayal of Danes had me in stitches.

So that's 1 in 72 people in the world have a Netflix subscription

3.6 billion of those people have an average income of below 2 USD per day or 730 USD per year.

It's 95 USD for an annual basic netflix subscription ...so we can safely say those people can't afford it.

Leaving 3.9 billion people.

Now one in 37 people in the world have a Netflix subscription. A large percentage of which are still way below what the West would describe as the poverty line.

Not bad really.

That's about a mere 2.8%. Can always manipulate figures for a positive/negative spin (I used to do it a lot when I worked as an auditor).

Thinking about getting rid of deezer when it's up for renewal in November and replacing it with Amazon prime. Think it will cost me £40 a year more, but looks like I'll get loads more for the £40.

£8 a month in the UK if you wand HD and the ability to download and watch offline

I think to a degree, Kodi is only good if you know what you are looking for. Netflix is great for discovering new content.

If nobody was paying for things like Netflix then you wouldnt have any of your free content.. somewhere along the line someone needs to get paid!

As for why I use netflix and not free streaming services? I actually do have an android box with Kodi but to be honest, the netflix interface, the speed of it, the ease of finding new content when I dont know what I want to watch etc. make it well worth £8 a month. I barely bother with the Android box.
The android apps are piss easy to use.
You can search really easy or list by genre.
Press the image and away you go.
Plus all the very latest stuff us on there.

Always amazed that people think Netflix is rubbish and has nothing to watch on it. Maybe its because I don't get all that much time in front of the TV on my own because of the nippers, but for £6 a month I think its brilliant what you get.

Just watched Captain Phillips last night which was a great watch. In years gone by I would've had to buy the DVD of it (£7.26 on Amazon at present) so its paid for itself already this month. But also on with the latest House of Cards, the missus enjoys Orange is the New Black, the kids are regularly using it for Peppa, Ben & Holly, Paw Patrol, Star Wars, Horrid Henry etc etc

If you want LEGAL content then its a no brainer for me.

Would maybe agree with comments about spending ages finding programmes / films etc - but there are things out there such as this website to help http://ogres-crypt.com/public/NetFlix-Streaming-Genres.html

To get in the top 50 revenue worldwide you need to be hitting over £120bn.

I'd rather pay for the BBC tbh, at least I use it (albeit only R4, 6 music which I don't need a licence for and the odd documentary). £5 a month on Netflix would be a waste for me.
No one said they were aiming for top 50 worldwide revenue. 104 million subscribers and 5.5 billion income is obviously good

The one snag with Netflix is it doesn't have a lot of the big movies. You go to the "Search" and type in something and for the most park it will only come up with something that relates to it or begins with the same letter. It won't actually be it. Also when you watch a movie and you don't like it (I didn't like Shimmer Lake or Arctic Blast or John Q) you can't take it off the "Continue Watching" menu. Now I have three films at least that I can't get rid of.

I would rather have that than the problems you faced with Kodi. The Add-On's seem very unreliable if your experiences are anything to go by.

If you want a good TV and movie selection then perhaps Amazon Prime?
To get it off the Continue Watching just scroll to the last 30 seconds or so and let it play until the show/film is completed. Then it disappears. If it's a series go straight to the final episode and do the same.

Love Netflix, probably because I've only had it a few months so still have lots of stuff to watch on there. Yet to start Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul etc. Also probably helps that the ex has forgotten she pays for mine.

No you're
At £5 per month that is nearly £5.5billion income.

that's a lot of money. will be twice the BBC soon and we are forced to pay that.

Looked up, 50 million paid.

Both are remarkably successful.
No you're not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back