Netflix Fyre Festival Documentary

Anyone else watched this? Very interesting. About the scam around the Fyre Festival that was meant to occur in the Bahamas last year. Interesting seeing how powerful social media can be. The organiser had some balls or clearly didn’t care about anyone! Would recommend..
Absolute crooks, both of them.
Deluded at first but knew they couldn't pull it off but kept on going regardless.

Anyone else watched this? Very interesting. About the scam around the Fyre Festival that was meant to occur in the Bahamas last year. Interesting seeing how powerful social media can be. The organiser had some balls or clearly didn’t care about anyone! Would recommend..

I think it was this one. He was clearly a shyster from the start, luckily he's banged up in jail now.

The documentary also showed how easy it is to get rich idiots to part with their money.

I think it was this one. He was clearly a shyster from the start, luckily he's banged up in jail now.

The documentary also showed how easy it is to get rich idiots to part with their money.
The one with the four foot forehead who raised the lawsuit was a perfect example. Looked a clip, sounded dull, but hoped his money would have him partying with supermodels.

I was more shocked (probably not shocked actually) with the young Asian guy who admitted he and his friends destroyed tents around them so no one would be staying near them.
Same, what absolute cretins! Have to say while McFarland and his mates were absolute fraudsters, it was quite funny to see the rich idiots getting duped!

I was confused how Ja Rule seems to have gotten away with it all? Wasn't he McFarland's partner in Fyre, and his idea for the festival?

Same, what absolute cretins! Have to say while McFarland and his mates were absolute fraudsters, it was quite funny to see the rich idiots getting duped!

I was confused how Ja Rule seems to have gotten away with it all? Wasn't he McFarland's partner in Fyre, and his idea for the festival?
That’s exactly what I thought. He seems to have got away Scott free. Was cracking up when they were having the conference call after. “That’s not what I’d call fraud. False advertising maybe” :lol:

I must be old.
Instagram models seem to all be fish faced lasses with shit tits.
Why is an 'influencer' a thing?
Felt sorry for the locals, see there has been money raised for the restaurant owner.
It was funny seeing beavis think he would be getting lucky on a beach getting shafted along with all those empty shells of people who live for Instagram likes.

I believe he may have been an 'online influencer'. Stupid twat.
I’m looking forward to the day we start calling the ‘influencers’ what they are....paid shills.

This was funny as fook. Great doc
It was, but you have to have sympathy for the people who actually grafted on it and ended up unpaid, or that restaurant owner who ended up 50k out of pocket after having to pay staff after she didn’t get any money for her work.

Last edited:
That’s exactly what I thought. He seems to have got away Scott free. Was cracking up when they were having the conference call after. “That’s not what I’d call fraud. False advertising maybe” :lol:

I think he was a co-defendant in one of the class action suits, not sure what came of that thought.

It’s been said for years that he’s an FBI informant and will get away with almost anything. He was part owner in the Murder Inc record company that was used to launder drug money for almost a decade but had no comebacks even though the other co-owners are still doing time.

Really good documtary. f***ing stupid yanks. Only ones coming out with any credit was the bahamians and the Dutch/German guy at the start (basically anyone who wasn't a yank)

I understand what an 'influencer ' is... can't knock them, but who the fuck is influenced by them ?

Ja Rule in the papers claiming he was scammed by McFarland which I don't think anyones buying. He's either just as big of a bullshit artist or he's thicker than a castle wall.

I understand what an 'influencer ' is... can't knock them, but who the fuck is influenced by them ?
The morons who bought tickets to this “festival”.

Didn’t think much of the documentary overal but there are some utterly bizarre bits. That guy saying billy asked him to suck a blokes dick to get the water and he was happy to do it. Wtf.

Didn’t really get to the crux of what a low life con man he was until the end when it showed him selling fraudulent tickets to other events while out on bail. Even targeted the same people using the festival email list. Proper twat.

Back