Netflix Documentary Thread

Mindhunter ep 1 was ok - only watching on recommendations off here. So far so good.

The owl theory makes some sense to me, but I don't know if we ever found out if the door outside was open or not. You'd think it would be open because an owl would have attacked her from the outside and she'd have run inside if she was disoriented and a bit drunk/high on valium. If that's the case, why hasn't Michael heard her? On top of that, I've read that one of the claw shaped lacerations on her head wasn't consistent with an owl, but with a chicken. From that point on, I had a hard time believing an owl did it.

I think he did it, and he did it because she found out about his bisexual lifestyle, and he was spending her money on hookers when they were in debt and she was about to be fired from Nortel. I think he snapped and smashed her head in. We'll never know for sure though. Fascinating!

I could believe he did it, but the prosecution couldn't prove how he did it. The lacerations on her head weren't really consistent with like any attack by him, even taking into account falling down the stairs

Part of the reason he was convicted IMO was actually that the defence couldn't cup with any alternative theory about how she sustained those injuries.

I really think the owl thing is possible, especially if she then fell down the stairs.

Its really hard this one, usually I am pretty firm either way. What I would say is that there a billions of people in the world, and freak things will happen to some of them at some point in life, and when you look at the crime scene it looks absolute chaos but it could be just a ridiculous unfortunate sequence of events. Maybe it wasn't, but there will be the odd accidental death in history that looks so bad and is un explainable.

Also the bit about in ALL 279 beatings to death in the state in the.previous 12 years, the victims ALL had either a fractured skull or a brain haemorrhage, she had neither. The thing they claimed he beat her to death with was a thin hollow pipe. Also if he beat her to death as they suggested why did she have so much blood on the souls of her socks as if she'd slipped in her blood. Thought they would've made more of that tbh.

Some good recommendations on here for my next binge

She defintley slipped on her own blood bloody, fell down the stairs at some point, the question is what happened before that.

Neither side makes sense to me. If she was beaten, she should have a fractured skull or more brain trauma like you say. But, does a fall down the stairs really lead to six deep lacerations on someone's head? I don't think so.

Neither side makes sense to me, which is why it's such a great story.

Nailed it much more simply than me

Both the prosecution and defence have no idea what happened, and neither makes sense

Just watched that Evil Genuis, really good but also mental at the same time!

It was, but if the police had just done their job at the time then they'd have caught them, would have been so much evidence about.

Lot of these things taking on mystery the longer they go on.

Last edited:
Just finished ‘60 Days In’ 7 ordinary citizens going undercover in an Indianna correction facility.
Fascinating! The man called Robert is crazier than the cons. :lol:

Just finished ‘60 Days In’ 7 ordinary citizens going undercover in an Indianna correction facility.
Fascinating! The man called Robert is crazier than the cons. :lol:
Watched a couple and its hard work,as in "something is about to happen " and half an hour later they are still building to it using reruns of footage etc .Really drawing stuff out and building drama then nothing happens .Typical yank stuff

Watched a couple and its hard work,as in "something is about to happen " and half an hour later they are still building to it using reruns of footage etc .Really drawing stuff out and building drama then nothing happens .Typical yank stuff
Yeah, it’s not an adventure film but the interest is in how people react to an unusual situation.
I personally wouldn’t have done it.

Back