Nervous Flyers Look away

I've been on a flight that landed in a storm and had to come down all wobbly like that. Think he hit the tarmac a bit fast as there was a bang and all the overhead lockers burst open. Had warned the bairn it might be a bumpy landing and once we were down she looked at me with a big grin on her face and said "that was class! I wish we could do it again" :eek::lol:

I've been on a flight that landed in a storm and had to come down all wobbly like that. Think he hit the tarmac a bit fast as there was a bang and all the overhead lockers burst open. Had warned the bairn it might be a bumpy landing and once we were down she looked at me with a big grin on her face and said "that was class! I wish we could do it again" :eek::lol:
They land hard on purpose in manky weather. I think it's to avoid ground effect or to stop skidding on a wet runway or some shit...

Mind that sounded a tad hard :D

Similar thing happened to me at Manchester about 10 years ago coming back from Cyprus. Final descent, high wind and rain, bouncing all over the place; the pilot got within 50 feet of the runway than suddenly put the throttle down and climbed steeply to try again- nearly shat myself, bairns squalling behind and in front it was horrendous.

i've only just started flying again this year for the first time in 20 years after we had a bad flight back then. i think if i was ever on one of those planes i'd call it a day.

I regularly fly to Hannover and got to know some of the other lads who commute to work out there during the week in various other industries. One of them, so I found out one day, is a nervous flier. Same kind of thing, very windy and the pilot decided to have another go so he yuckson full thrust and goes back up. This old lad just yells "Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccckkkk" and was absolutely crapping himself. The pilot immediately put everybody at ease on the PA saying it's routine and he just wanted another go. But his reaction was hillarious.

Back