Nerja, Spain

Status
Not open for further replies.

That's a bit of a bugger I heard it's a brilliant line. If we do settle for Nerja well have to do with a hire car.

It's great mate. Straight out of the airport and a £2 train to your accommodation. As a rule of thumb the further south you go the less charver-ish it gets. But nowhere down there is as bad as Benidorm/Magaluf/Las Americas etc.

Nerja is great, just a bit too unconnected for me. I don't do hire cars cos I get lumbered with driving. Every f***ing time.

I'm gannin there in May and will give ya an update.

Flying to Malaga, getting a car and a little out of town apartment.

We will gan to Frigiliana anarl and the caves

Cheers mate
We went in April and the weather wasn't too good. That Kronox bar was a sun trap. We watched a couple of weddings from there as the town's church is in front of it.The father and bride and bridesmaids walk through the plaza and everyone applauds, very nice.
There is a very good musician does a turn there in the plaza every afternoon, a great guitarist. One drink often led to three or four.
The Redondo bar, we bought a btl of wine for 10 euros and got four tapas free. The staff were very helpful and would tell us what all the dishes were.
It was our anniversary while we were there and we went to Patanegro 57 for a special meal, recommended. The supermarkets were very cheap.
I didn't hire a car and it wasn't warm enough to use the beaches so tapas bars were the order of the day and night !

Much appreciated gizmoganzee
Costa del Sol is class, I lived there with me kids for a while in a house on the beach in Algarrobo-Costa.

Nice and Spanish! :)

Loved it until my lass at the time missed her Mam and wanted to go back to the UK.

But nee wories I wad gan back in a heartbeat

Make sure you take in a game at La Rosaleda anarl.
Relegation matches for me! :rolleyes:

Hull at home and thanks for that...gan to Malaga :)

Last edited:
Early days but me and Mrs Coxhoedave are thinking if buggering off for the whole of November as we find it a truly depressing month (even in Coxa). Just come across this place (Nerja) that I'd never heard of before. On the outer part of Costa del Sol, it's low rise with lots of beaches and surrounded by mountains.
We love good food, wine and beer but being a pair of old farts we don't care too much for loud nightclubs, loutish behaviour or grown men staggering around pissed as farts wearing the obligatory football shirts.
Our most enjoyable holidays recently have been spent in the scratter free town of Rovinj in Northern Croatia but we feel it's time for a change.
I've always had great advice from the well travelled of the SMB so if anyone here is familiar with this part of the world I'd love to hear your opinion.
If that's what you like look at Tavira in Portugal.

Early days but me and Mrs Coxhoedave are thinking if buggering off for the whole of November as we find it a truly depressing month (even in Coxa). Just come across this place (Nerja) that I'd never heard of before. On the outer part of Costa del Sol, it's low rise with lots of beaches and surrounded by mountains.
We love good food, wine and beer but being a pair of old farts we don't care too much for loud nightclubs, loutish behaviour or grown men staggering around pissed as farts wearing the obligatory football shirts.
Our most enjoyable holidays recently have been spent in the scratter free town of Rovinj in Northern Croatia but we feel it's time for a change.
I've always had great advice from the well travelled of the SMB so if anyone here is familiar with this part of the world I'd love to hear your opinion.
Been last few years November time with a group of pals ,stay in the hills just away from there .
Great area ,chilled with canny X pat community and lots of late season visitors .
Not full on at all .
Having a car would help(cheap hire ) ,some fab places nearby ,competa, fruigilliana.

out of Malaga turn left for Spain.. Right for Pissed up Brits and Russian mafia...

Left is where Nerja is. Be lovely for a month fo dossing and chilling.

Trips along the coast and up into Granada. if you have a car nothing stopping you having trips into Marbella, Feunggerola, Benelmadena etc

Lived in Nerja for a while, loved the place.
Handy hint for anyone renting a car from Goldcar, yes they are a bit cheaper but the queues at their desk can be very, very long and a very, very long wait. Also make sure you take a time and date stamped photo of the car when you pick it up Goldcar have a reputation of trying it on with scratches and scrapes.

Lived in Nerja for a while, loved the place.
Handy hint for anyone renting a car from Goldcar, yes they are a bit cheaper but the queues at their desk can be very, very long and a very, very long wait. Also make sure you take a time and date stamped photo of the car when you pick it up Goldcar have a reputation of trying it on with scratches and scrapes.
A better tip is not to use them at all, they are a bunch of cowboys.

Went for New Year about 9 year ago, it is a quiet little town. but very nice, great restaurants and bars
The weather was surprisingly very nice was out on a night with a jumper on and it was fine
No scratters to be seen which was the biggest draw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back