Nerja, Spain

Status
Not open for further replies.

coxhoedave

Midfield
Early days but me and Mrs Coxhoedave are thinking if buggering off for the whole of November as we find it a truly depressing month (even in Coxa). Just come across this place (Nerja) that I'd never heard of before. On the outer part of Costa del Sol, it's low rise with lots of beaches and surrounded by mountains.
We love good food, wine and beer but being a pair of old farts we don't care too much for loud nightclubs, loutish behaviour or grown men staggering around pissed as farts wearing the obligatory football shirts.
Our most enjoyable holidays recently have been spent in the scratter free town of Rovinj in Northern Croatia but we feel it's time for a change.
I've always had great advice from the well travelled of the SMB so if anyone here is familiar with this part of the world I'd love to hear your opinion.

Been a while since I was there, but its a beautiful little town. Nice and easy for Malaga etc too. Drove past the other week, but didn't have time to stop in.

Early days but me and Mrs Coxhoedave are thinking if buggering off for the whole of November as we find it a truly depressing month (even in Coxa). Just come across this place (Nerja) that I'd never heard of before. On the outer part of Costa del Sol, it's low rise with lots of beaches and surrounded by mountains.
We love good food, wine and beer but being a pair of old farts we don't care too much for loud nightclubs, loutish behaviour or grown men staggering around pissed as farts wearing the obligatory football shirts.
Our most enjoyable holidays recently have been spent in the scratter free town of Rovinj in Northern Croatia but we feel it's time for a change.
I've always had great advice from the well travelled of the SMB so if anyone here is familiar with this part of the world I'd love to hear your opinion.

I prefer the other side of Malaga mesel like. Train up and down the coast and a bit more to do. Torremuelle is where I stop. Nice walk up to Benalmadena Pueblo in the evenings to one of the many restaurants in the old town. Malaga is great too.

I went last year for a week. I stayed central just above Carabeo beach. It is a small town with half a dozen beaches, the best IMO being Burriana which is well planned out and has several good fish restaurants.
The Balcon de Europa is the focal point in the town and in the plaza behind it is a good bar called Kronox. There are plenty of tapas bars our favourite was Redondo.
In November the weather may be iffy but try to get a south facing balcony. It has good bus links but for a month I would hire a car. It is an hours drive from Malaga airport and TBH a bit away from the more well known Costa Del Sol places.
Frigliana is voted the prettiest village in Andalucia and is 10 euros in a taxi and worth a visit.
A month there and I would be bored. There is sometimes a problem with sewage in the sea.
If you do go you must visit 34 the tapas bar in Hotel Carabeo. The lads who work there are friendly, the food is spot on and the building has a bit of style.

Last edited:
Used to go lots when younger. Been looking to go there this summer again. Still meant to be very nice. Have friends who go every year and rave about it.

We spent a week there a few year ago. Enjoyed it very much. As others have said a hire car is worth having. We stayed in the Hotel Plaza de Cavana right in the centre so didnt have to go far for bars and restaurants.

We spent a week there a few year ago. Enjoyed it very much. As others have said a hire car is worth having. We stayed in the Hotel Plaza de Cavana right in the centre so didnt have to go far for bars and restaurants.

Been a few times. Great place. I prefer to stay the centre of town/Torrecilla area rather than Burriana. Loads of tapas bars, & some decent restaurants, generally prices are good. Doesn't attract football shirt/Kareoke crowd.

does the train from airport go anywhere near to it? Love that coast line and the train is fantastic. Thinking of going someone at Easter but want to go somewhere on the train route so I can take the family to a few different places rather than a pool/ beach holiday

Nearly went there as it appealed to me - also like quiet places with no nightclubs, stag/hens etc.

Ended up staying at San Pedro de Alcantara instead. It's the next town along from Marbella and Puerto Banus, but it's not glitzy like they are. Lovely tradtional Spanish town with a decent beach. Had a lovely holiday there and would go back.

I went last year for a week. I stayed central just above Carabeo beach. It is a small town with half a dozen beaches, the best IMO being Burriana which is well planned out and has several good fish restaurants.
The Balcon de Europa is the focal point in the town and in the plaza behind it is a good bar called Kronox. There are plenty of tapas bars our favourite was Redondo.
In November the weather may be iffy but try to get a south facing balcony. It has good bus links but for a month I would hire a car. It is an hours drive from Malaga airport and TBH a bit away from the more well known Costa Del Sol places.
Frigliana is voted the prettiest village in Andalucia and is 10 euros in a taxi and worth a visit.
A month there and I would be bored. There is sometimes a problem with sewage in the sea.
If you do go you must visit 34 the tapas bar in Hotel Carabeo. The lads who work there are friendly, the food is spot on and the building has a bit of style.
We have our eyes on an apartment 300 metres from the Balcon de Europa and 75 metres from the sea with a west facing balcony. I appreciate the weather could be iffy but I've read that 20° is average for November, definitely better than here. We will be hiring a car so hopefully we won't be bored.

and TBH a bit away from the more well known Costa Del Sol places.
You say that like its a bad thing! ;)

We have our eyes on an apartment 300 metres from the Balcon de Europa and 75 metres from the sea with a west facing balcony. I appreciate the weather could be iffy but I've read that 20° is average for November, definitely better than here. We will be hiring a car so hopefully we won't be bored.
On a good day maybe, but yes, better than the UK!

Loved Burriana beach too, defo the best of the bunch.

Go for it mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back