Neil Young

He’s great. There’s some absolute dross in the 80s but listen to Harvest, After the Gold Rush, Everybody Knows this is Nowhere, On the Beach, Rust never sleeps and Harvest Moon
Yeah I've heard bits and I like some stuff I just can't wax lyrical with not having enough knowledge.
I'll try listen to those cheers

Yeah I've heard bits and I like some stuff I just can't wax lyrical with not having enough knowledge.
I'll try listen to those cheers
There’s so much. And you can get lost. Give that lot a try, it’s top class
The Guardian's ranking of his albums:

Neil Young – every album ranked!

Not sure why Arc is included when Weld isn't, given that Arc was a companion piece to Weld but it's difficult to argue with the top few...
Weld is superb
The Guardian's ranking of his albums:

Neil Young – every album ranked!

Not sure why Arc is included when Weld isn't, given that Arc was a companion piece to Weld but it's difficult to argue with the top few...
Trans so high is surely a piss take.

Last edited:
One of the best live albums ever for me (along with Live Rust TBH, and, to be fair, they do share quite a few tracks).

Aye, I don't get that either. There's better ranked less highly.
There’s a great thread on Drowned in Sound where they’re listening to a Neil Young record a week in chronological order. Stuck in the 80s right now.

Love him to bits, but he's taking the piss releasing Archives II and only producing 3,000 copies for sale World wide! They sold out in 48 hours! Anyone lucky enough to get one will be able to sell it for five times the price in a couple of months!

I dare say that there'll be a 'reissue' soon enough, but he's a cantankerous old git! To be fair, he always has been .....

Saw him twice in one week with my dad a few years back. He’s outstanding live and probably one of the greatest songwriters ever. I know music is subjective but I don’t think this can be argued against honestly...

Same for me, although I thought the gig was crap.
You must be one of those that I recall were twisting about that gig on here at the time. I was there too and thought they were excellent.

If you didn't realise a Crazy Horse gig was going to be a lot of extended jams and a lot of the hits would be left out of the set then you probably shouldn't have bothered.

Back