Neil Diamond (hopefully ndoyt)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Been twice to Manchester Arena to see him. Both shows were brilliant. A true entertainer.

Decided to give him miss this time around because we worried his voice was going but it seems not.

Saw him at Belfast SSE Arena a couple of years ago, my first experience at a live concert too, worth every penny. Goosebumps when he sang Sweet Caroline and America, plus he sang a couple of new tunes too.

Off to see him tomorrow at Birmingham Barclaycard Arena... Was brought up listening to him as a boy starting from about 10 yr old as me dad was a big fan , can still remember about '76 sitting in front of the spanking new state of the art Hifi system me dad had just bought , was probably about the size of a small family car looking back ... anyway me dad would stick his cassette in , young uns can ask ya mam n dad , and I was hooked, been a big fan ever since , loads of times over the years id wanted to take my dad to one of his gigs but it just never worked out, for one reason or another...anyway lost me dad about 5 yr ago and im finally getting to see his idol tomorrow night, taking my dad's watch down to wear so he can finally be there, ok in spirit only but hey... cant wait like ...like a kid at Xmas.. its gonna be a Beautiful Noise.
you need a new name.... I am I said.

Was invited to see him by a supplier in B’ham a couple of years ago and went along begrudgingly- but he was ace to be honest !!

Massive ears like

I saw him in Tampa earlier this year. Really enjoyed it, although he didn't play a few of the big song like I am I said, Love on the Rocks and another I was hoping for (can't remember what it was, I think it was Song Sung Blue).

I think of him as being like the American version of the Bee Gees, he wrote amazing, iconic songs and did it for so many years and through different trends. Very rare in the post-war, pop era where most song writers have maybe a 5 year shelf-life and then it's just shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back