Negative Interest Rates

I know, hence the smilies. I feel exactly the same as you, it'll definitely be a fixed rate but its the length I'm humming and hahing over.
I’ve got a broker mate who’s looking after mine. Don’t need a broker per se but it just makes it easy.

He sent me a comparison of the top 20 lenders and showed me what my total saving was over that period, on both a three year and five year.

Probably worth doing this comparison.

Advice in the main is, if you want to change / move etc. in the near term then avoid a long fix.

Seems you do so a shorter term may be better.

Last edited:
I’ve got a broker mate who’s looking after mine. Don’t need a broker per se but it just makes it easy.

He sent me a comparison of the top 20 lenders and showed me what my total saving was over that period, on both a three year and five year.

Probably worth doing this comparison.

Advice in the main is, if you want to change / move etc. in the near term then avoid a long fix.

Seems you do so a shorter term may be better.

I am definitely moving. But I can afford to keep this place, and want to, as a rental.

The Swiss have had them for a few years now, but they introduced them to stop the swissie from appreciating too much (the prospect of being 1 on 1 with the Euro was 'too much').

You’ll have to change your mortgage though? Don’t think they’ll keep you on the same deal for a B2L.

Not necessarily, if you've been living in it a while and end up letting it out due to change in circs they sometimes don't mind.

Should add: I am prepared to tell them and pay a slightly increased interest rate, but I have heard of a lot of instances where they don't mind.

Last edited:
Not necessarily, if you've been living in it a while and end up letting it out due to change in circs they sometimes don't mind.

Should add: I am prepared to tell them and pay a slightly increased interest rate, but I have heard of a lot of instances where they don't mind.
Mind me asking who your lender is and on what terms? No absolute numbers in money needed. Just rate and fixed/float terms. I'm not nosy am just saying this will likely change terms on second mortgage.

Got my rates letter through. Between 2 yr fixed at 1.69% or a 2 yr tracker (currently 1.39%) for me.
Mind me asking who your lender is and on what terms? No absolute numbers in money needed. Just rate and fixed/float terms. I'm not nosy am just saying this will likely change terms on second mortgage.

I missed this first time.

Back