Need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

3para

My username is more a tribute to my dad who was in the parachute regiment for 15 years as i was growing up....anyway i am far from fit. I am 6ft 2 and have always been thin...but the last year or so has seen my belly get stupidly big :( I probably drink too much and i smoke 10 a day...my eating habits are surprisingly good as I have a beautiful woman who likes healthy eating. Question is...how do I get rid of this belly as someone that does not do exercise...........thanks in antic

basically where do i begin

My username is more a tribute to my dad who was in the parachute regiment for 15 years as i was growing up....anyway i am far from fit. I am 6ft 2 and have always been thin...but the last year or so has seen my belly get stupidly big :( I probably drink too much and i smoke 10 a day...my eating habits are surprisingly good as I have a beautiful woman who likes healthy eating. Question is...how do I get rid of this belly as someone that does not do exercise...........thanks in antic

more shagging with you doing the work not her:lol:;)

Even that as good as it is...i find myself sweating buckets, especially during the summer....its really off putting hence i need to lose this belly

No one :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Eat less and move more, it doesn't get any harder than that. I've binned off quite a few stone this year doing this.

If your eating is healthy already you need to knock the drink on the head, if you have the willpower then there is nowt wrong with having one reasonable night a week. But if you havnt then just give up completely. The calories your getting off the booze will be massive.

And start getting some exercise in, even if it's just walking to begin with. Or get a pedal bike. Just get something done.

And good luck.

Cut down on carbs, eat foods that are higher in protein. Things like fruit which you automatically assume are good for you (they are) will actually keep you bloated.

Your body burns through these in this order 1. Carbs 2. Fat 3. Protein. To burn through fat, you need to whittle down your carb content on both food and drinks.

Cut down on carbs, eat foods that are higher in protein. Things like fruit which you automatically assume are good for you (they are) will actually keep you bloated.

Your body burns through these in this order 1. Carbs 2. Fat 3. Protein. To burn through fat, you need to whittle down your carb content on both food and drinks.
how much of his total calorie intake is made from carbs?

The problem is if you're gaining weight you're taking in more calories than you're burning (to put it simply). You need to be in a calorific deficit to lose weight.

1g of carbs is 4 calories, as is 1g of protein. Eating more protein won't do anything to change the number of calories, some weight may be lost... but it'd just be water due to eating less carbs. Eating less salt would pretty much have the same effect.

I'd recommend finding out how many calories your burning (use a TDEE calculator online or get a heart rate monitor) and tracking the food you eat. That way you'll be able to see how much you need to eat and how much you're eating. If you don't know this then it's just down to luck / guesswork.

If you're not going to exercise, you're going to need to eat/drink less.

The problem is if you're gaining weight you're taking in more calories than you're burning (to put it simply). You need to be in a calorific deficit to lose weight.

1g of carbs is 4 calories, as is 1g of protein. Eating more protein won't do anything to change the number of calories, some weight may be lost... but it'd just be water due to eating less carbs. Eating less salt would pretty much have the same effect.

I'd recommend finding out how many calories your burning (use a TDEE calculator online or get a heart rate monitor) and tracking the food you eat. That way you'll be able to see how much you need to eat and how much you're eating. If you don't know this then it's just down to luck / guesswork.

If you're not going to exercise, you're going to need to eat/drink less.
Problem is the muscle mass might drop and with it the metabolic rate . I have just lost 4 stone since September with cardio , the monitor, calorie deficit and watching the macros. Just started the weights now try and drop another half stone but keep size

Problem is the muscle mass might drop and with it the metabolic rate . I have just lost 4 stone since September with cardio , the monitor, calorie deficit and watching the macros. Just started the weights now try and drop another half stone but keep size

Obviously exercising would be the best option.

I've dropped 2 stone since December 5th. Weight is going up slowly now, but body fat is dropping still (added a few lbs of muscle).

I'd highly recommend Crossfit for a mix of cardio and strength.

As difficult as it might be, a good start would be to lower your alcohol intake. You mention you don't exercise, but how about walking a few miles every day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back