Need help choosing new bike

Joe Public

Striker
has to be from Evans cycles as I can claim half the cost of it back, max price £800 so I’d get £400 of that back.

Sale Bikes | Evans Cycles

Thinking of hybrid, like the look of the Cannondale bay boy ones, but there’s a few that look decent in that price range on there, and don’t know a great deal about them.

Bit of mix of road and off road, and doing coast and castles on it later in year.

has to be from Evans cycles as I can claim half the cost of it back, max price £800 so I’d get £400 of that back.

Sale Bikes | Evans Cycles

Thinking of hybrid, like the look of the Cannondale bay boy ones, but there’s a few that look decent in that price range on there, and don’t know a great deal about them.

Bit of mix of road and off road, and doing coast and castles on it later in year.
Cubes are a really well made bike
If you want to go more off road:
Cube Nature SL 2019 Hybrid Bike | HYBRID BIKES | Evans Cycles

If you mainly staying on tarmac:
Cube Hyde Pro 2019 Hybrid Bike | HYBRID BIKES | Evans Cycles

Just had a look at that. Do you need a suspension on it? If not the money saved on that would get you better other components. The tyres seem a bit big too.
Looked at the others with smaller tyres and they look too small, I’m doing coast and castles on it in may and will be training a mix of on and off road.

Looked at the others with smaller tyres and they look too small, I’m doing coast and castles on it in may and will be training a mix of on and off road.

Which route are you doing, I did it last year on the 200 mile route, never again, hideous, funnily enough I used a Cube hybrid.

Some parts are on grass or mud paths, some of our group found it really difficult on road bikes during these sections

Which route are you doing, I did it last year on the 200 mile route, never again, hideous, funnily enough I used a Cube hybrid.

Some parts are on grass or mud paths, some of our group found it really difficult on road bikes during these sections
I’m not quite sure which route, I’m taking no part in the organising. Never had a bike with skinny tyres so went with the 38mm wide ones on the cannondale one I posted above, meant to be ready for collection Tuesday.

Back