Need help buying a new tele please

I started a thread a while back similar.
I was gunna pay 700 max but got into a debate and ended up buying a 55 inch LG oled.

By god I’m glad I did. It’s absolutley amazing TV and worth every penny.

What you reckon the chances are of a Black Friday deal...? Or should I just get it ordered do you reckon?
don't know mate...it is last years model so you might find a deal

What you reckon the chances are of a Black Friday deal...? Or should I just get it ordered do you reckon?
If you fancy getting it calibrated give me a shout.
Me and a lad at work are getting it done and its cheaper if more people get it done

I started a thread a while back similar.
I was gunna pay 700 max but got into a debate and ended up buying a 55 inch LG oled.

By god I’m glad I did. It’s absolutley amazing TV and worth every penny.
fancy getting it calibrated?

Last edited:
don't know mate...it is last years model so you might find a deal

If you fancy getting it calibrated give me a shout.
Me and a lad at work are getting it done and its cheaper if more people get it done

fancy getting it calibrated?

I would mate but I live in Lancashire. How much is it as a matter of fact?

Have you got the telly yet?

FWIW I get my hifi and telly stuff from richer sounds, every time.

Superb service, especially concerning the guarantee. A Panasonic TV I'd bought had a fault last year and was collected and replaced with a better telly within a week without any fuss.

Have you got the telly yet?

FWIW I get my hifi and telly stuff from richer sounds, every time.

Superb service, especially concerning the guarantee. A Panasonic TV I'd bought had a fault last year and was collected and replaced with a better telly within a week without any fuss.
I’ve been talking to a couple of people from richer sounds and can’t fault them.
Was minutes from giving them £1250 for a Sony LED when somebody pointed out an LG OLED for exactly the same price.
I have to take that TBF. M now sat trying to decide wether to hold off and hope for a deal on Black Friday,or just buy the flipping thing :confused:

I’ve been talking to a couple of people from richer sounds and can’t fault them.
Was minutes from giving them £1250 for a Sony LED when somebody pointed out an LG OLED for exactly the same price.
I have to take that TBF. M now sat trying to decide wether to hold off and hope for a deal on Black Friday,or just buy the flipping thing :confused:
Just get the fucker :lol:
I got mine around this time last year and it has only dropped £250 and that's even with the newer model coming out.

its hard to find as its the old model...it has been replaced by the FX Range

I have the 50" ex700 ( I paid the 469 )and its great for the money, 4k content is excellent and its great for gaming..but every now and then on SD content is has problems with shimmering shadows...doesnt happen on a 4k stream . Been watching Daredevil in 4k and its a drak program and looks superb...but on some older sky programs shadows just look a bit shitty...I assume its actually do do with the quality of the feed and the bitrate rather then the tv itself as it doesnt happen on games or other true 4k feeds

I got an email from richer sounds to say that they'll refund the difference if prices go down for Black Friday. Might be worth asking about that.

Good luck

Back