Need help: 70's (?) earworm with very little to go on

FFS.... I was playing chords on my guitar and looking very puzzled. (You did write notes). Think i would have got it as I recognised it when I played the notes on the piano, but you'd already declared on the thread by then.

As a side note, how awesome are the chord sequences in this song?

You don't see this sort of thing anymore in pop music. Complex but in a very listenable way so that the average listener probably doesn't even notice how unusual it is.

Man, the 80's was an incredible decade for music. Great musicianship and great composition in the mainstream.

"When I were a lad all this was fields", "modern music is just bang bang bang and you can't hear the lyrics" etc.

As a side note, how awesome are the chord sequences in this song?

You don't see this sort of thing anymore in pop music. Complex but in a very listenable way so that the average listener probably doesn't even notice how unusual it is.

Man, the 80's was an incredible decade for music. Great musicianship and great composition in the mainstream.

"When I were a lad all this was fields", "modern music is just bang bang bang and you can't hear the lyrics" etc.

Agreed.

There have been a lot of threads about Radiohead. Some of their stuff is utter slish. However some of their stuff is amazing and the chords are fantastic.

I hadn't realised that song was written by the BB from Abba. They were phenomenal song writers. Benny's piano pieces are very difficult to play.

Agreed.

There have been a lot of threads about Radiohead. Some of their stuff is utter slish. However some of their stuff is amazing and the chords are fantastic.

I hadn't realised that song was written by the BB from Abba. They were phenomenal song writers. Benny's piano pieces are very difficult to play.

A lot of folks turn their noses up at ABBA because they aren't a "cool" band to be into, and hell I was one of those people for many years but more recently I've started to realise how amazing they were at songwriting.

How can derr be the same note as the previous one when it’s the first sodding note? Some musician you are. No wonder Oasis threw your songs in the bin whilst telling you to get a haircut (or whatever it was to do with Oasis and bins).

He doesn't really know who Oasis are. Has no idea which brother is which.

A lot of folks turn their noses up at ABBA because they aren't a "cool" band to be into, and hell I was one of those people for many years but more recently I've started to realise how amazing they were at songwriting.

ABBA were brilliant - for their melodies, but some of the lyrics in their songs do make me chuckle.

Back