Need help: 70's (?) earworm with very little to go on

:lol: Actually no.

Ok a bit extra...

"little bit more than"

Haway, you lads are musicians, I've given you the actual notes!

"Little bit more than"

Another clue...

When I said "Possibly ABBA" I almost hit the nail right on the head.

The year was actually 1984.
Brotherhood of Man?

Last edited:
I've got a bit of a melody in my head and can't think what it is.

Possibly a 70's or early 80's song with a similar feel to The Morning After from the Poseidon Adventure, maybe by ABBA or The Carpenters or some female-led group or female artist. Probably.

All I have is a bit of the first line of a verse:

Something something something little bit longer

Could be "little bit stronger" or something else entirely but that's the rhythm.

The melody is clear as day in my mind but I don't have enough of the words for google to be of any help.

Derr dum derr dim derr dum deddil dim derr dum

Where a dum is a lower note than the previous one, a dim is a higher note than the previous one, and a derr is the same note as the previous one.

Haway SMB. Help me get this out of my noggin, it's annoying the balls off me.

How can derr be the same note as the previous one when it’s the first sodding note? Some musician you are. No wonder Oasis threw your songs in the bin whilst telling you to get a haircut (or whatever it was to do with Oasis and bins).

How can derr be the same note as the previous one when it’s the first sodding note? Some musician you are. No wonder Oasis threw your songs in the bin whilst telling you to get a haircut (or whatever it was to do with Oasis and bins).

Well, it wasn't going to be a dum or a dim either with no preceding note.

Maybe I should have used doh ray me. Would have made more sense I guess :lol:

Wow, the missus just got it immediately with her first guess. I'll leave it up to see if anyone else gets it.

Extra clue: The melody bit I posted is spot on for the verse but the "little bit stronger" is slightly misleading as it's actually "little bit" something else and from a line in the chorus not the verse.

Nope and nope.
Jockson Browne?

For any musician around, if we're in the key C, the notes are:

E G G F F B BCD D C

Where the G's and B's are lower than the C but the rest of the notes are above.
FFS.... I was playing chords on my guitar and looking very puzzled. (You did write notes). Think i would have got it as I recognised it when I played the notes on the piano, but you'd already declared on the thread by then.

Back