Need a new 32 inch telly, what should I get.

Alan BStard

Striker
Must have built in DVD
Suppose I better be cool and have a Smart job but they all seem so complicated.
Oh and its not for the main room before you say its too small.

You're all being jolly mean to me. I wouldn't care but theres nothing wrong with the existing one apart from the HDMI socket going up the spout - god knows why, it just sits there, its not like a moving part or owt - so I might as well bin the whole thing and get a new one.

You're all being jolly mean to me. I wouldn't care but theres nothing wrong with the existing one apart from the HDMI socket going up the spout - god knows why, it just sits there, its not like a moving part or owt - so I might as well bin the whole thing and get a new one.
You can simply repair the HDMI socket yourself Alan by following this guide that I have sourced for you my friend.

How to Repair Broken HDMI Ports on a TV | Techwalla.com

"Though it's possible to repair a broken HDMI port on a television, it is extremely difficult and should not be attempted unless you are very comfortable with soldering tiny connections." :lol:

You can simply repair the HDMI socket yourself Alan by following this guide that I have sourced for you my friend.

How to Repair Broken HDMI Ports on a TV | Techwalla.com

"Though it's possible to repair a broken HDMI port on a television, it is extremely difficult and should not be attempted unless you are very comfortable with soldering tiny connections." :lol:
I am to soldering like Hattie Jaques was to ballet dancing man. That just ain't going to happen. :lol:

Edit. Just realised there's two HDMI sockets.........I might be off the hook here. :D

:lol:

Surprised your Betamax has a digital output to be honest mate! ;)
Shove off.

Panic over, I've fixed the problem by connecting up a scart lead. Now thats 1970s for you but at least it works and bugger the grandkids not being able to connect up their gadgets.

Shove off.

Panic over, I've fixed the problem by connecting up a scart lead. Now thats 1970s for you but at least it works and bugger the grandkids not being able to connect up their gadgets.
Scart lead ffs :lol:

;)

Just kidding mate, glad you have it sorted :)

Reading through this I was about to suggest a SCART lead as a piss-take. Thankfully I didn't need to! :)

Are you sure the HDMI connector is bust? More than likely you have changed some setting. Are you sure the DVD player is working?!

Back