Need a cheap bicycle...

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dangly Ham

Anyone know where I can get a decent bike for around £100?

Get a 2nd hand one on Gumtree (or even get one on cycle to work if your workplace does them). You'll get a bike for £100 from Halfords, but it'll be heavy as hell, you'll be forever fiddling with the gears to get the indexing right and it'll fall apart as soon as you ride over some rough ground.

Get a 2nd hand one on Gumtree (or even get one on cycle to work if your workplace does them). You'll get a bike for £100 from Halfords, but it'll be heavy as hell, you'll be forever fiddling with the gears to get the indexing right and it'll fall apart as soon as you ride over some rough ground.

Halfords have a bike filter type thing that finds a bike perfect for your situation and it was only £109 but I suspect like you say it will be heavy.

Halfords have a bike filter type thing that finds a bike perfect for your situation and it was only £109 but I suspect like you say it will be heavy.

To be fair, if you're just tootering down to the shops and back, then it would be fine. But if you're doing a few miles of commuting or off-road and especially if you're handy with a spanner, a 2nd hand bike is the way to go.

To be fair, if you're just tootering down to the shops and back, then it would be fine. But if you're doing a few miles of commuting or off-road and especially if you're handy with a spanner, a 2nd hand bike is the way to go.

I'm going to be using it to get to work via the pedestrian tunnel.

I might ask on facebook if anyone is selling a bike, might get a decent one off someone I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back