Nedum Onuoha

Status
Not open for further replies.

couldn’t watch all that but it’s pretty clear he didn’t resist arrest and this is a travesty
Have you seen the one from the bystander in the car looks like he’s resisting there like
Would this even get on the news if it was a white guy?

Last edited:
Have you seen the one from the bystander in the car looks like he’s resisting there like
No excuse to put your knee on his neck and keeping it there while he asphyxiates and tells you he can't breathe.

Also, yes if a white person was murdered by the police inthe exact same way it'd be all over news.

Contrary to the stereotype we don't all carry guns. In many states you can't carry a gun around in public legally. Yes, some states allow open carry and concealed carry, but not all.

Systemic racist over decades and police not being held to account for brutalizing african americans at unpropotionately high rates is why this just doesn't "happen to be a black lad."

I'm going to assume based on your post that you aren't fully aware of the racism problem we have in the US and that hopefully you'll take my post as encouragement to look more into it as I feel that if you do you will change your mind and become better informed
Having taken many a holiday in the USA, I don't know much about the racism problems in the general population as I am not exposed to it in general but I have seen first hand how some American's (of all races) treat people in the service industry like they are an underclass who don't deserve to be spoken to in a polite and kind manner. Whether these attitudes roll out into general society is open to debate but I cant see why it wouldn't, especially if someone from these socio-economic backgrounds are pissing you off.

When police forces pull officers from the general population there are bound to be bad apples that get through the training who have racist tendancies and beliefs but they must be in the minority
couldn’t watch all that but it’s pretty clear he didn’t resist arrest and this is a travesty
Yeah, apart from the reason the cop (who has been charged with murdering him) dragged him out of the car which we didn't see, the only resistance he seemed to put up was not wanting to get in the car in the first place. Which is pretty much par for the course in arrests generally. He wasn't lashing out, spitting or anything else that I have seen many times on UK police camera style TV shows and although he was a big guy, he didn't really put up as much of a fight as a 7 stone pissed up British woman would have with the prospect of an evening behind bars after a night out.

I read something somewhere that the Cop and Floyd (possibly) knew each other from a period of time working the door at a night club around the same time in the past, although that has not been proved yet. In my opinion there may be more to this than only police brutality and there may be history involved. It doesn't diminish the crime however or change the fact that two other cops were sat on the guys back and legs but does cast some light on what may have motivated this cop to go so far as to murder someone who was no threat to him or anyone else at that point in time.

I think there is no doubt that this cop went way too far with his restraint of the bloke - criminally way too far. His lawyer is bound to argue that he had no way of knowing Floyd would have a heart attack but the video evidence is pretty compelling and that alone will convict him. The police having sacked them all have decided they did not act within the law in restraining him and have taken to trying to limit the damage done by holding their hands up to say that was criminal and totally unacceptable. Its just a matter of time before the other two sat on him are charged too in my opinion. The fourth cop who stood by and didn't intervene will be very lucky to get away without charge.

Having taken many a holiday in the USA, I don't know much about the racism problems in the general population as I am not exposed to it in general but I have seen first hand how some American's (of all races) treat people in the service industry like they are an underclass who don't deserve to be spoken to in a polite and kind manner. Whether these attitudes roll out into general society is open to debate but I cant see why it wouldn't, especially if someone from these socio-economic backgrounds are pissing you off.

When police forces pull officers from the general population there are bound to be bad apples that get through the training who have racist tendancies and beliefs but they must be in the minority

Yeah, apart from the reason the cop (who has been charged with murdering him) dragged him out of the car which we didn't see, the only resistance he seemed to put up was not wanting to get in the car in the first place. Which is pretty much par for the course in arrests generally. He wasn't lashing out, spitting or anything else that I have seen many times on UK police camera style TV shows and although he was a big guy, he didn't really put up as much of a fight as a 7 stone pissed up British woman would have with the prospect of an evening behind bars after a night out.

I read something somewhere that the Cop and Floyd (possibly) knew each other from a period of time working the door at a night club around the same time in the past, although that has not been proved yet. In my opinion there may be more to this than only police brutality and there may be history involved. It doesn't diminish the crime however or change the fact that two other cops were sat on the guys back and legs but does cast some light on what may have motivated this cop to go so far as to murder someone who was no threat to him or anyone else at that point in time.

I think there is no doubt that this cop went way too far with his restraint of the bloke - criminally way too far. His lawyer is bound to argue that he had no way of knowing Floyd would have a heart attack but the video evidence is pretty compelling and that alone will convict him. The police having sacked them all have decided they did not act within the law in restraining him and have taken to trying to limit the damage done by holding their hands up to say that was criminal and totally unacceptable. Its just a matter of time before the other two sat on him are charged too in my opinion. The fourth cop who stood by and didn't intervene will be very lucky to get away without charge.
Agree that people here look down on the service industry and their workers. Look at what's going on here with covid and grocery store workers.

But other than that I don't quite follow the connection here. Are you saying police are service industry workers? And therefore people look down on them or have a low opinion of them in general? I think I could use a bit of clarification on your point if you don't mind.

Until 2021, then repeat annually until its all over and the apes inherit the earth (or whats left of it).

I think people have actually died in custody too. Its shocking but true. However non of this has so far motivated any demonstrations on our streets in the UK until a black American citizen died.

Can you explain them please? I haven't seen this data but wouldn't mind having someone who's not as thick as fuck go over it to explain things so those thickies don't quote such things in future.

I hate it when people throw around insults because someone posts information that on the face of things goes against the current rhetoric regarding the behaviour of the police - without so much as an explanation as to why the data that the original poster was referring to is wrong. I suppose its one way to change the hearts and minds of those who have a different viewpoint?

From the same website that was quoted.

Overall, in 2019, 24 percent of all police killings were of black Americans when just 13 percent of the U.S. population is black – an 11-point discrepancy. Mapping Police Violence also showed that 99 percent of all officers involved in all police killings had no criminal charges pressed against them.

Statistics with context goes along way to show the truth. 2.5x more likely. Why? Because there’s allot more white Americans than black Americans. Last I’ll say on it, not here to change anyone’s mind, but when data is posted that would mislead allot of people I think it’s fair to put it into context. Maybe I shouldn’t have said ‘thick as fuck’ but it’s a pretty emotive subject.

think about what you’re writing here mate.

there would be absolute outrage if a white person - who wasn’t resisting arrest and was being compliant and totally non-violent - had his neck stood on until he was stone cold dead.

I dare say it would be even bigger news

think about what you’re writing here mate.

there would be absolute outrage if a white person - who wasn’t resisting arrest and was being compliant and totally non-violent - had his neck stood on until he was stone cold dead.

I dare say it would be even bigger news
I think he's aware of exactly what he's saying and truely means and believes it, unfortunately.
Agree that people here look down on the service industry and their workers. Look at what's going on here with covid and grocery store workers.

But other than that I don't quite follow the connection here. Are you saying police are service industry workers? And therefore people look down on them or have a low opinion of them in general? I think I could use a bit of clarification on your point if you don't mind.
Well, the first bit that was in reply to me

Last edited:

Sorry, what I meant was that perhaps there is an attitude in the general population that certain people are a sub class and should be treated as such, much in the same way I have seen very efficient and pleasant waiters etc. spoken or grunted to like they are pieces of shit. This could be a reason people who see certain sections of society as the root of Americas problems would treat them differently to for example a middle class educated person.

If the police are doing this and are more likely to abuse people in this class (or race) within society then maybe its also a problem in the general population. I am trying to keep away from the race thing as much as possible because I have seen many people behaving in this way (of many ethnicities) making me believe race is not the only issue at play and it is more of a societal perception of people from the lower socio-economic backgrounds that causes people to change their behaviour towards them.

Our Government has been trying to create these divisions in the UK by slyly focussing on the lower end of our class system to highlight benefit cheats etc. as the "enemy within" for years now when the majority of people who do a days work for a days pay are in general only a few missed pay cheques from being in the same situation as those we have been taught to revile. Popular evening entertainment on some TV channels reinforces this perception as it focusses down on poor peoples struggles and sees them as light entertainment whilst highlighting the terrible way they behave and ensuring the viewers leave with feeling of superiority over the people in the programme. Meanwhile the rich criminals get away scot-free and no one gives a shit about pursuing them for unpaid taxes or ill gotten bonuses gained on the back of previous financial crashes by playing hard and loose with other peoples money.
From the same website that was quoted.

Overall, in 2019, 24 percent of all police killings were of black Americans when just 13 percent of the U.S. population is black – an 11-point discrepancy. Mapping Police Violence also showed that 99 percent of all officers involved in all police killings had no criminal charges pressed against them.

Statistics with context goes along way to show the truth. 2.5x more likely. Why? Because there’s allot more white Americans than black Americans. Last I’ll say on it, not here to change anyone’s mind, but when data is posted that would mislead allot of people I think it’s fair to put it into context. Maybe I shouldn’t have said ‘thick as fuck’ but it’s a pretty emotive subject.
Cheers for that, it makes sense and is appreciated :)

Last edited:
I’ll have to take your word for it - I abandoned the thread after seeing that response was the first reply. Sad to know that white supremacy is still a prevalent concept.
It's very disheartening.
Sorry, what I meant was that perhaps there is an attitude in the general population that certain people are a sub class and should be treated as such, much in the same way I have seen very efficient and pleasant waiters etc. spoken or grunted to like they are pieces of shit. This could be a reason people who see certain sections of society as the root of Americas problems would treat them differently to for example a middle class educated person.

If the police are doing this and are more likely to abuse people in this class (or race) within society then maybe its also a problem in the general population. I am trying to keep away from the race thing as much as possible because I have seen many people behaving in this way (of many ethnicities) making me believe race is not the only issue at play and it is more of a societal perception of people from the lower socio-economic backgrounds that causes people to change their behaviour towards them.

Our Government has been trying to create these divisions in the UK by slyly focussing on the lower end of our class system to highlight benefit cheats etc. as the "enemy within" for years now when the majority of people who do a days work for a days pay are in general only a few missed pay cheques from being in the same situation as those we have been taught to revile. Popular evening entertainment on some TV channels reinforces this perception as it focusses down on poor peoples struggles and sees them as light entertainment whilst highlighting the terrible way they behave and ensuring the viewers leave with feeling of superiority over the people in the programme. Meanwhile the rich criminals get away scot-free and no one gives a shit about pursuing them for unpaid taxes or ill gotten bonuses gained on the back of previous financial crashes by playing hard and loose with other peoples money.

Cheers for that, it makes sense and is appreciated :)
This is all 100% true. The US likes to think it's not a classist society and portray itself as such, but it's simply not true. The american dream died a long time ago

Last edited:
He was quite happy up until a few days ago to be over there taking a huge salary.

Another one jumping on the bandwagon.

I cant imagine that he is high up on the list of targets for BBC sport to regularly update us on.

After this past weeks events I would imagine the BBC have looked to reach out to a UK black player in the MLS and he has responded to that

So he shouldn't fear for his life in a country where the Police murder black men because he's rich?
31 black men killed by police in USA 2020
42 white men killed by police in USA 2020 don't see gangs of white people going out burning and looting places and no I'm not condoning what has happened it just seems another reason for the scum to crawl out the woodwork. Have a look at Tony Jeffries video while driving through Santa Monica
If you don’t understand how these statistics work, don’t post them. It’s makes you look thick as fuck.
457 white to 223 black how's he thick as fuck

Last edited:
31 black men killed by police in USA 2020
42 white men killed by police in USA 2020 don't see gangs of white people going out burning and looting places and no I'm not condoning what has happened it just seems another reason for the scum to crawl out the woodwork. Have a look at Tony Jeffries video while driving through Santa Monica
Those stats are specifically shot to death.

Also doesn't account for systemic racial prejudice that did not result in death or resulted in death by other forms of deadly force. Also doesn't indicate if killing was justified, such as armed person threatening to shoot police.

The stats you're using don't give a proper picture of what is going on.

You've spectacularly missed my point. It's your whole 'it's not happening in my backyard so it's irrelevant' viewpoint that is the issue.

Exactly how close does it have to get for you to care about it? Europe? UK (Mark Duggan in 2011)? North-East?
Mark Duggan was a thug who carried a gun and was killed by police who were not going to take any chances but the thing it has in common with the killing in America is a reason for the lowlife and scum to crawl out the woodwork have you seen Tony Jeffries video yet
Those stats are specifically shot to death.

Also doesn't account for systemic racial prejudice that did not result in death or resulted in death by other forms of deadly force. Also doesn't indicate if killing was justified, such as armed person threatening to shoot police.

The stats you're using don't give a proper picture of what is going on.

No one knows what is really going on in the USA and even though the video shows the horrifying murder of George Floyd it won't surprise me if the officer gets off

Last edited:
Mark Duggan was a thug who carried a gun and was killed by police who were not going to take any chances but the thing it has in common with the killing in America is a reason for the lowlife and scum to crawl out the woodwork have you seen Tony Jeffries video yet
People who live in USA know what's going on. I've lived there for over 24 years. This is nothing new. And yes, there's a good chance the police will get off, they usually do, but that speaks more to a rigged system than it does their innocence. Hopefully now is the time police are finally held accountable

All 4 should be charged. It was the equivalent of aiding and abetting. Racism in the force is clearly widespread and it has been revealed some are openly members of white supremacist groups. It's not long since the Met was found to be insitutionally racist. Things appear to have improved a bit here through re education and better staff selection. The US has long way to go. Sadly Trumplethinskin is using it to play to his core voters, he even teargassed peaceful protesters for a photo opportunity. His leadership can only widen divisions in society

All 4 should be charged. It was the equivalent of aiding and abetting. Racism in the force is clearly widespread and it has been revealed some are openly members of white supremacist groups. It's not long since the Met was found to be insitutionally racist. Things appear to have improved a bit here through re education and better staff selection. The US has long way to go. Sadly Trumplethinskin is using it to play to his core voters, he even teargassed peaceful protesters for a photo opportunity. His leadership can only widen divisions in society
Last I heard all 4 have been fired, but on Chauvin has been charged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back