NEDL

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest... the way things are panning out, I'm half expecting the NEDCL to be absolved into the DCL in a few years time anyway. I think the main reason it will have received a negative response by member clubs right now is because of the change in format.

Disappointed that the DCL have chosen not to relegate this year as the only real way clubs join the NEDCL is because they struggle to compete at the higher level and need to 'reform' further down, or (now) through relegation. This will end up strangling the league. The league has already taken the decision to allow 2nd teams to be promoted into the same league as their 1sts.

Some clubs don't help themselves mind. Happy to be big fish in the little leagues.
In Rainton case they couldn't go up. Ground did not meet criteria even then. 3 applications were made to the coast league but never got voted in. Old Boys club maybe?

In Rainton case they couldn't go up. Ground did not meet criteria even then. 3 applications were made to the coast league but never got voted in. Old Boys club maybe?

Wouldn't have thought so.

Do you think East Rainton have (or had) better facilities than the likes of Whickham, Bill Quay, Castle Eden, Easington ?

No, me neither

Admittedly no. The facilities aren't and never have been brilliant. Team could have competed though.

I agree.

I know Chilton Moor also applied in the late 80s, but weren't successful.

Hylton CW added nothing (playing wise) to the coast league for a few years, but had better ground.

Maybe the housing developments around East Rainton's ground will help your facilities improve.

I agree.

I know Chilton Moor also applied in the late 80s, but weren't successful.

Hylton CW added nothing (playing wise) to the coast league for a few years, but had better ground.

Maybe the housing developments around East Rainton's ground will help your facilities improve.
We (CMCC) did apply, had 2 excellent teams and were soon to have a new clubhouse. Would have been different these days with the pyramid in place. A tragedy what happened at CMCC in the mid-90s. What a lovely place to play even if it was a batsman's paradise.

Tbh I'd agree. Within a few years the league will be part of the DCL. But I'd like to see the format remain the same. 45 overs win lose. I think it would be a good thing in a way. Bad sad to see the oldest league in the North East disappear. There has been a north East Durham league since at least 1896.

Tbh I'd agree. Within a few years the league will be part of the DCL. But I'd like to see the format remain the same. 45 overs win lose. I think it would be a good thing in a way. Bad sad to see the oldest league in the North East disappear. There has been a north East Durham league since at least 1896.
The same teams would be playing each other though so it wouldn't be much different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back