NEDL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Correct. This was voted down by all member clubs. Clubs were worried about increasing costs, paid players and timed cricket.

Another out of date website.
The "time" element was removed in 2016, when there had been a 7.30pm cut off.
This was voted out by the clubs and 2017 season was played with 95 overs maximum, no matter how long or short it takes.

Thats the official play cricket site. In any case, the clubs voted against it and want to NEDCL to continue as the bottom of the North East pyramid.

Odd that the vote took place on the same night, surely for something like this the league would expect the clubs to consult their playing members?
I wasn't at meeting, but it might not have been a vote as such. But received negative response.

Stranger still when the DCL have made relegation optional too. Whole system will hopefully settle down soon. As at the minute it's all a bit of a farce.

Stranger still when the DCL have made relegation optional too. Whole system will hopefully settle down soon. As at the minute it's all a bit of a farce.
I agree with you it is a complete farce.
I was not aware that relegation was optional.
If Hunwick decide to be promoted then where does that leave Silksworth ?
Surely they will be relegated to NEDL ?

Don't think so. If another team entered the league that would make it an even number in Division 2 (12). Obviously have to wait and see about Division 1 and what happens to Castle Eden and whether Mainsforth drop down.

The DCL announced they wouldnt relegate due to Houghton folding. As much as i'm glad silksworth wont be relegated its a daft decision that goes against the principle of the pyramid as agreed with the NEDL.

The DCL decided not to relegate a team so they would have an equal number of clubs.

DCL may well just start a 3rd division anyway if there is enough interest
Tbh I kind of expect them too. History is repeating itself. Won't be happy til we are gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back