ncb style donkey jackets

You could tell the ex NCB donkey jackets , as the cutting off the orange shoulder patch always left a very fine strip of orange material just on the seam.

Speaking from experience here , mind the donkey jacket needed the NCB steel cap boot to complete the look.

With the name of some shite heavy metal band name painted on it. Saxon or Deep Purple usually.

Football patches surely? especially the two fingered ones, with Stokoes stars on.

Remember first week at work, my parents bought me brand new haversack and Donkey Jacket. The lads I worked with, without my knowing, stuck an L plate sign on my back as I left work to go and catch the bus. Got all the way home with it , until my mam creased up laughing let me in on the joke, BASTARDS! I must of looked a right clip.

You could tell the ex NCB donkey jackets , as the cutting off the orange shoulder patch always left a very fine strip of orange material just on the seam.

Speaking from experience here , mind the donkey jacket needed the NCB steel cap boot to complete the look.

You're right , and the more you cut it out, some more orange always seemed to appear

Last edited:
Football patches surely? especially the two fingered ones, with Stokoes stars on.

Remember first week at work, my parents bought me brand new haversack and Donkey Jacket. The lads I worked with, without my knowing, stuck an L plate sign on my back as I left work to go and catch the bus. Got all the way home with it , until my mam creased up laughing let me in on the joke, BASTARDS! I must of looked a right clip.

You're right , and the more you cut it out, some more orange always seemed to appear

Definitely band names painted on in the late 70's in Pennywell Grammar School.

Always remember a lad in Herrington club who had his NCB donkey jacket defaced when he went to the bogs.
The lads took it off from where it was hanging up in the bar and under each letter in black marker wrote Nee C unt Bothers:lol:

Back