NBA

Go Sixers!!!

Family live in Philly so decided to follow them. Typical they are absolute pony. Worse than SAFC. There are moments of genius, couple of good players in Okafor and RoCo, some decent youngsters like Noel and Ish Smith has given them a bit of experience. They are trying to build something and hopefully they will succeed, love the city and really enjoyed going to the game. Get free pizzas if they get over 90pts, bonus.

They've got a lottery pick on the sidelines who is just coming back to health in Embiid (sp) and will be in the lottery again this year. I also read their total squad cost less than $40m, so had massive cap space to chase free agents too.

They could get very good, very quickly!

Just feel that the Lakers could offer him the biggest max contract. Plus with the picks they have accumulated, could develop a decent side. Russell is looking decent in his first year, plus they have Randall who's still very young. Imagine if theyre able to afford another star alongside Durant..
I reckon next year could be the Lakers big turnaround. As much as I love Kobe he's been holding them back the last couple of years with his massive salary and injury problems. A clever draft pick, a couple of clever trades and free agent signings, and have Julius Randall and D'Angelo Russell kick on a bit more I reckon the Play Offs could beckon.

Remember it's technically Randall's first season considering he broke his leg after playing a grand total of about 15 minutes of NBA basketball!

I reckon next year could be the Lakers big turnaround. As much as I love Kobe he's been holding them back the last couple of years with his massive salary and injury problems. A clever draft pick, a couple of clever trades and free agent signings, and have Julius Randall and D'Angelo Russell kick on a bit more I reckon the Play Offs could beckon.

Remember it's technically Randall's first season considering he broke his leg after playing a grand total of about 15 minutes of NBA basketball!
Yeah Lakers are poised for big things soon. This free agency period approaching is one of the most exciting for a long time.

Btw did anyone see the results last night? Spurs lost to Pacers, and Cavs lost to Grizzlies who were missed Randolph and Conway. Crazy results, especially after Lakers blew out GSW. Magic pushed them close last night!

Anyone else in to their basketball? Expected to see a thread in search similar to the wrestling one, but can't find one.

Cavs fan here, and obviously dissapointed with how last season ended. I feel if we had Irving in against the Warriors we could have made it.
Looking forward to the new season and I feel if we keep the key men fit we'll win the Eastern Conference.

What's everyone else's thoughts for the new season?

I like the 69ers

See the Spurs shut down the Warriors last night. They've got to play each other twice more, could end up with two of the best records in league history in the same season!
Pop will be the reason they go to the finals this year. The organisation is military like. And I'd actually prefer to play them in the finals of the Cavs get there obviously. Finding GSW boring to watch, just a 3 point show.

Pop will be the reason they go to the finals this year. The organisation is military like. And I'd actually prefer to play them in the finals of the Cavs get there obviously. Finding GSW boring to watch, just a 3 point show.

You're right aboit the Spurs, ball movement is paramount to their offence. Leonard played very well against Curry last night, 1-13 on threes I think.

I have to say though, watching Curry this season reminds me of when o watched MJ, generally, he'll do what he wants on the court and nobody can stop him.

Leonard vs Curry could be an all time match up in the playoffs!

You're right aboit the Spurs, ball movement is paramount to their offence. Leonard played very well against Curry last night, 1-13 on threes I think.

I have to say though, watching Curry this season reminds me of when o watched MJ, generally, he'll do what he wants on the court and nobody can stop him.

Leonard vs Curry could be an all time match up in the playoffs!
Was watching 'Inside The NBA' the other day and Chuck thinks Kawhi Leonard is a better player than Curry, which if you're talking about best rounded player then he's right. He's the best perimeter defender in the league (hence why Curry wasn't draining 3's) and he's a great scorer/playmaker at the other end.

I agree though, Curry is as close to unstoppable as there is with his shooting, it's like he's activated a cheat code on a video game :neutral::lol:

Was watching 'Inside The NBA' the other day and Chuck thinks Kawhi Leonard is a better player than Curry, which if you're talking about best rounded player then he's right. He's the best perimeter defender in the league (hence why Curry wasn't draining 3's) and he's a great scorer/playmaker at the other end.

I agree though, Curry is as close to unstoppable as there is with his shooting, it's like he's activated a cheat code on a video game :neutral::lol:

I like the looks of Miami in the East now, Johnson has made a big difference to them. I think they could be the only team that could seriously challenge the Cavs...see they beat them again last night.

I've got a Mamba t-shirt on already in prep mate.

Ridiculous to think there's another game on which will break a record that likely will never be broken and nobody is talking about it.
Tired of that wankfest too tbf :lol: all I care about is my Cavs and LBJ turning it up ready for the playoffs. Hope Spurs wipeout the Dubs in the WCF and we meet them in the final.

I always kinda liked basketball but I don't have BT so never get to watch it. I did very vaguely 'follow' NY - my reason being that it's the only US place I've visited - but I might try to look into 'following' a team properly next season if I could find somewhere online to catch up with the games.
Not sure which team like - if only the Sonics existed still for the Seattle link...

I always kinda liked basketball but I don't have BT so never get to watch it. I did very vaguely 'follow' NY - my reason being that it's the only US place I've visited - but I might try to look into 'following' a team properly next season if I could find somewhere online to catch up with the games.
Not sure which team like - if only the Sonics existed still for the Seattle link...

Mate I've followed the NY Knicks since 1994, don't do it. It's worse than supporting Sunderland.

Search on YouTube for 'Ximo Pierto Final' and he posts extended highlights of the games. I have BT Sport but this keeps me completely up to date.

Search on YouTube for 'Ximo Pierto Final' and he posts extended highlights of the games. I have BT Sport but this keeps me completely up to date.
Cheers.
Are there any up and coming teams with young players who could be good in a few years? That's the kind of thing that turned me onto the Seahawks in the NFL.

Back