NBA

Wonder if the Pels might come back to the table before the deadline. Those five players plus two first rounders is a decent haul after all. Also seen rumours of Lonzo to Phoenix so maybe there could be a 3 team trade that gets that high 2019 pick involved.

If it doesn’t come off I could see them ending up with Klay and some middling one. Would be comfortable if they outbid my lot for Jimmy Buckets tbh:lol:

Tobias Harris? Hmm. It’s a deal that undoubtedly makes us better but it’s a gamble to get them to re-sign and I really liked Landry Shamet.
Rumours of Lonzo to the Suns? Only by his dad Lavar trying to talk it in to existence :lol:

Rumours of Lonzo to the Suns? Only by his dad Lavar trying to talk it in to existence :lol:
Heard about it as a thing in its own right before I heard Lavar gobbing off about it - but that doesn’t mean you aren’t right tbf :lol:

Slowly acclimatising to the Harris trade now. It’s difficult to switch from the uk football mindset - where so much is built upon a longer term view - to the US one where you’d burn the house down in 18 months for an extra few wins at the back end of the current season!

Heard about it as a thing in its own right before I heard Lavar gobbing off about it - but that doesn’t mean you aren’t right tbf :lol:

Slowly acclimatising to the Harris trade now. It’s difficult to switch from the uk football mindset - where so much is built upon a longer term view - to the US one where you’d burn the house down in 18 months for an extra few wins at the back end of the current season!
The Harris trade is right for both teams. Philly wanna compete with a “big 4” and Clippers know there’s no point in keeping Harris when they’re not going anywhere, so they’re happy with picks.

Harris is solid, great pick up. Plus you have 17ft Bobo as backup for Embiid :lol:

Dissapointed we traded zubacs he was starting to produce . Big guys often need a lot longer to find there feet especially European bigs.

He was just starting to produce and could have been a decent piece for a bigger trade in the summer .

Starting to think getting LeBron could cripple us in the long term the way they are so willing to give up all the young core . Look at Cleveland and Miami after he left.
Randle Bryant and zubacs 3 decent young bigs all gone since the summer while we play a 36 year old in decent minutes .

Dissapointed we traded zubacs he was starting to produce . Big guys often need a lot longer to find there feet especially European bigs.

He was just starting to produce and could have been a decent piece for a bigger trade in the summer .

Starting to think getting LeBron could cripple us in the long term the way they are so willing to give up all the young core . Look at Cleveland and Miami after he left.
Randle Bryant and zubacs 3 decent young bigs all gone since the summer while we play a 36 year old in decent minutes .
Zubac was never going to stay long term anyway because he’ll get more money elsewhere after opting out of the player option. Lakers won’t spend big money to keep him IMO. Or am I missing something?

Zubac was never going to stay long term anyway because he’ll get more money elsewhere after opting out of the player option. Lakers won’t spend big money to keep him IMO. Or am I missing something?
Bigs don't tend to get big money in the league anymore especially traditional bigs like zubacs . He won't get a big contract in the summer .

Still bigger than the Lakers would want to offer IMO. Regardless, the trade was made to free up room for Melo. Which I’m in two minds about.
I will be shocked if he gets over 3 million a year which is fuck all .
I hope it's not melo .people on about LeBron bringing the best out of him . If the two of them are on the court together there will be no defence .

Boston were excellent. The defence against the freak was brilliant .

I fancy Houston to do the business next .

Warriors game been disappointing so far for me .warriors turning it over way too much and Houston throwing up bricks .

Last edited:
Bucks doing well to go in only 2pts down
Boston were excellent. The defence against the freak was brilliant .

I fancy Houston to do the business next .

Warriors game been disappointing so far for me .warriors turning it over way too much and Houston throwing up bricks .
Be interesting to see how much attention they pay him in game two, as Budenholzer will be drawing up his plans to work around that defence should it pop up again.
That said, we did ourselves no favours as the outside shooting was crap. It let Boston focus on Giannis & as good as he is, he's not magic.

Anyone else in to their basketball? Expected to see a thread in search similar to the wrestling one, but can't find one.

Cavs fan here, and obviously dissapointed with how last season ended. I feel if we had Irving in against the Warriors we could have made it.
Looking forward to the new season and I feel if we keep the key men fit we'll win the Eastern Conference.

What's everyone else's thoughts for the new season?
Logon or register to see this image

Back