NBA

Cheers @The Bridge Lad

Hello all on here

Who are the bests bets in the nba?
Well i'm a Bucks follower (can't really be a supporter if i'm never going to see them live - maybe in the o2 one year). Anyway they're having a great season this time around (Top of the East); Giannis is a beast and the rest of the team compliment him so well.

That said, you'd still think the West will take the title in the end. Warriors/Rockets/Nuggets all having good seasons on that side (The Rockets will be up there come the end anyway).

If you want someone to follow - have a go at this 'quiz' --> Which NBA Team Should You Be A Fan Of? | BrainFall (apparently I should be a Chicago Bulls fan :evil:)

The great thing about most US sport is that it shouldn't matter who you pick, as they all have a chance at hitting the top in a few years.

Ask any 76ers fan :D

Last edited:
AD to the Lakers soon. Lonzo, Kuzma, Ingram, and Zubac plus a 1st round pick. They’re not getting a better offer than that!
Apparently not ruling out deals with the Bucks, Clippers or Knicks too. Though i'd assume this is all designed to make LA act now.

Hope it's not the Bucks tbh - we'd have to decimate a winning team to make a worthwhile offer. Even if Middleton & Brogdon are free agents in the summer and Thom Maker wants away; it'd still be too risky for me.

Nice write up on possible deals here

Not before the deadline. Celtics can better it in the summer though. Personally hoping that it goes wrong for both:lol:
He’s already said he won’t sign for Boston long term, I don’t know why they’d still pursue it. Especially with Kyrie interested in free agency and potentially teaming back up with Lebron.

Anyone think Lebron, AD and Kyrie plus some role players could take down a KD-less Golden State next year?

All about the Sacramento Kings this year. Actually winning games, have the best young side in the league and with a ton of cap space for free agency.

Be actually mental if they make the playoffs for the first time since 2006, but even if they don’t the future is looking weirdly rosey (can’t wait to see them ruin it somehow)

He’s already said he won’t sign for Boston long term, I don’t know why they’d still pursue it. Especially with Kyrie interested in free agency and potentially teaming back up with Lebron.

Anyone think Lebron, AD and Kyrie plus some role players could take down a KD-less Golden State next year?
You’re right that it’s a rental but the Pellies shouldn’t care. And Boston May feel they need to swing for the fences to try to keep Kyrie.

Hopefully the absolute circus will continue and they’ll be less than the sum of their parts. The power dynamic between ageing LeBron and the other two would be interesting too - before we even consider which patsies they'll be able to get to coach them.

All about the Sacramento Kings this year. Actually winning games, have the best young side in the league and with a ton of cap space for free agency.

Be actually mental if they make the playoffs for the first time since 2006, but even if they don’t the future is looking weirdly rosey (can’t wait to see them ruin it somehow)
The fact that nobody serious will join them in free agency may scupper them. Not sure what the point in hoarding cap space is in this circumstance. They should probably be taking on bad money for draft picks.

Last edited:
You’re right that it’s a rental but the Pellies shouldn’t care. And Boston May feel they need to swing for the fences to try to keep Kyrie.

Hopefully the absolute circus will continue and they’ll be less than the sum of their parts. The power dynamic between ageing LeBron and the other two would be interesting too - before we even consider which patsies they'll be able to get to coach them.

The fact that nobody serious will join them in free agency may scupper them. Not sure what the point in hoarding cap space is in this circumstance. They should probably be taking on bad money for draft picks.
Another factor is that the Pels apparently like Tatum.

Another factor is that the Pels apparently like Tatum.
Yep. Tatum has a much higher ceiling than anything lakers can offer. Not sure he’s a franchise level player either mind. The whole thing is difficult for the Pels as I don’t know how they can tank well enough to get a high draft pick either in the short term either.

Yep. Tatum has a much higher ceiling than anything lakers can offer. Not sure he’s a franchise level player either mind. The whole thing is difficult for the Pels as I don’t know how they can tank well enough to get a high draft pick either in the short term either.
That Lakers young core is nice though. Plus the Lakers are willing to provide salary cap relief.

I think the Pels are wanting over a handful first round picks too though. Got LA over a barrel. Still think they’ll get their man though.

I think if we make the playoffs this year it’ll change perceptions and we’ll be able to get the role players we need in FA. I

Ultimately we have the ‘stars’ the team needs (Fox, Buddy, Bagley and Bogdanovic) and we don’t need a. Big name free agent players or b. More draft picks. We just need to give our core the time to continue to grow.

It’s not nessesrily hoarding cap space as opposed to not having any stars outside of rookie contracts and the fact no free agents would touch us with a barge pole for a decade or so :lol:

That Lakers young core is nice though. Plus the Lakers are willing to provide salary cap relief.

I think the Pels are wanting over a handful first round picks too though. Got LA over a barrel. Still think they’ll get their man though.
The young core is decent but I’m not convinced there’s an all star among them - and they’re too good to properly tank.

The young core is decent but I’m not convinced there’s an all star among them - and they’re too good to properly tank.
Think Kuz and Ingram could be, but they’re definitely not anywhere near yet. Would be risky. However, the Pels turned down the Knicks offer of Porzingus + more, which makes me wonder whether they want an all star, because he is.

Think Kuz and Ingram could be, but they’re definitely not anywhere near yet. Would be risky. However, the Pels turned down the Knicks offer of Porzingus + more, which makes me wonder whether they want an all star, because he is.
Agreed. Just think that the lakers youngsters would leave them too good to truly tank but too bad to get anything other than an occasional playoff spot. The unenviable limbo.

Agreed. Just think that the lakers youngsters would leave them too good to truly tank but too bad to get anything other than an occasional playoff spot. The unenviable limbo.
I agree.

What do you think happens now? Lakers wait until the end of the season to use the cap space to sign another star in free agency? Kawhi?

I agree.

What do you think happens now? Lakers wait until the end of the season to use the cap space to sign another star in free agency? Kawhi?
Wonder if the Pels might come back to the table before the deadline. Those five players plus two first rounders is a decent haul after all. Also seen rumours of Lonzo to Phoenix so maybe there could be a 3 team trade that gets that high 2019 pick involved.

If it doesn’t come off I could see them ending up with Klay and some middling one. Would be comfortable if they outbid my lot for Jimmy Buckets tbh:lol:

Tobias Harris? Hmm. It’s a deal that undoubtedly makes us better but it’s a gamble to get them to re-sign and I really liked Landry Shamet.

Last edited:

Back