NBA

Almost... ALMOST as intense as the Lads V Mags...

Na I’m just kidding, but fuck me they don’t half hate each other :lol:

Yeah their version of actual sports hatred is very watered down. Lad at work trying to convince me that the Yankees vs Red Sox was the biggest rivalry in sports. I was like 'fuck off mate, they all sit together in the stadium', imagine trying to pull that on derby day at the SoL

76ers were disappointing last night

Yeah they looked average, admittedly the first game but you could see the huge difference in the squads. Sixers had most of their starters on the court for long periods, felt like the Celtics had a different 5 out every 4/5 minutes, they just had too much energy even with Kyrie on a massive off night. Tatum looks serious this year!

Yeah their version of actual sports hatred is very watered down. Lad at work trying to convince me that the Yankees vs Red Sox was the biggest rivalry in sports. I was like 'fuck off mate, they all sit together in the stadium', imagine trying to pull that on derby day at the SoL
As an American, it bothers the fuck out of me when we act like our rivalries are anything compared to the football rivalries of England and Europe. It's absolutely delusional to think that our rivalries can hold a candle to ones that have been around a lot longer than any of ours. They don't understand that these are generations upon generations upon generations. They don't realize how deep they go.

As an American, it bothers the fuck out of me when we act like our rivalries are anything compared to the football rivalries of England and Europe. It's absolutely delusional to think that our rivalries can hold a candle to ones that have been around a lot longer than any of ours. They don't understand that these are generations upon generations upon generations. They don't realize how deep they go.

It's definitely one of the more authentic rivalries in the US (Sox/Yanks) but you are right, it's nowhere near the UK and Europe versions......and that is before you even start with South American footy!!!

Your username has just inspired my lunch choice as well, little sushi place down the road from my office called Thelonious Monkfish :lol:

It's definitely one of the more authentic rivalries in the US (Sox/Yanks) but you are right, it's nowhere near the UK and Europe versions......and that is before you even start with South American footy!!!

Your username has just inspired my lunch choice as well, little sushi place down the road from my office called Thelonious Monkfish :lol:
:lol:

Great f***ing name for a restaurant:cool:

To be fair, the Yankees and Red Sox have been playing each other since 1901, and there's been a rivalry since the Babe Ruth sale in 1920, so just on the longevity front, it's comparable. Maybe the Giants and Dodgers could claim it, too, despite moving cross-country in the 50s. But you're right, for the most part, it isn't quite the same.

To be fair, the Yankees and Red Sox have been playing each other since 1901, and there's been a rivalry since the Babe Ruth sale in 1920, so just on the longevity front, it's comparable. Maybe the Giants and Dodgers could claim it, too, despite moving cross-country in the 50s. But you're right, for the most part, it isn't quite the same.
I've never been to New York or Boston so I don't know how deep generation-wise the rivalry goes, but here in Los Angeles I don't see it. Too many fair-weather fans in Los Angeles. I see more people in Golden State Warriors gear than Lakers (although, with LeBron here now that has changed a bit) walking around here and it just bugs the fuck out of me.

Not a huge fan, but could see me dipping in and out this season with it being on Sky - could fill the odd evening void.

It's crazy how this time last week, literally no fuck5 were given on Sky, not a mention and a few days later it's all over SSN, LeBron-Jordan comparisons, the lot. It really is a case of if it's not on Sky, it doesn't exist :lol:.

any decent coaches available? billy donovan surely cant last the season. people go on about westbrook being dificult to play with, but even whe he's not there the team still plays the same stale pnr/iso offence. never mix it up. so frustrating to watch season after season

Lakers in big trouble now. going to be missing rondo and ingram for a while I would imagine .
Ingram is out for 4 games and Rondo for 3 games, I believe. It hurts because they team is still learning to play together, but at least it's early enough in the season to where they can still recover from this.

Ingram is out for 4 games and Rondo for 3 games, I believe. It hurts because they team is still learning to play together, but at least it's early enough in the season to where they can still recover from this.

3 games for Rondo is shocking, fair enough it was Paul who wound him up but spitting and the first proper punch thrown should have had him a much longer ban. The spitting alone I would have marked him out for 10 games.

3 games for Rondo is shocking, fair enough it was Paul who wound him up but spitting and the first proper punch thrown should have had him a much longer ban. The spitting alone I would have marked him out for 10 games.
I have to agree that I was expecting a longer suspension. I'm guessing it has a lot to do with the season being young and the NBA not wanting to "damper" the excitement of the season. Plus, it's LeBron's team (the NBA's biggest star), you don't think that affected their decision? Of course it did.

I have to agree that I was expecting a longer suspension. I'm guessing it has a lot to do with the season being young and the NBA not wanting to "damper" the excitement of the season. Plus, it's LeBron's team (the NBA's biggest star), you don't think that affected their decision? Of course it did.

Yeah no doubt about it, just a shame that it sets a precedent now, sends the wrong message that you can just gob in an opponents face and miss less than a week of games!

Yeah no doubt about it, just a shame that it sets a precedent now, sends the wrong message that you can just gob in an opponents face and miss less than a week of games!
I think that if it starts to happen more often, they will be forced to take more severe measures, but we'll see.

Back