Nazariy Rusyn

Is that not the one where he's fouled from behind a second later?

Nah mate almost certain it’s this one, can remember it being early doors and we had a couple of options further ahead and Hull had men pushed on. Within about 10 seconds they had everyone back and we were still pissing about in our own half

Hemir, Burstow, Rusyn and Mayenda have all started plenty of games this season. How many through balls?

I've watched them all making the run in behind we next to zero attempts to get the ball down the sides or over the top of the CBs

Seeing as though we appear to be basing a lack of through balls on one example of Neil not making a pass...

Hemir getting a through ball- also quite funny who plays the bass considering what this nonsense conversation's started from

Rusyn getting through balls on 5:30

Mayenda getting a through ball on 80 minutes

Just a couple of random examples off the top of my head. This nonsense about how we choose not to play it is just that, nonsense. Same crack was said about Man City when they signed Haaland about their side not fitting a striker.

If they make the runs they'll get the ball. If they only make one or two per game then shockingly enough they won't get it that often.

Last edited:
Seeing as though we appear to be basing a lack of through balls on one example of Neil not making a pass...

Hemir getting a through ball- also quite funny who plays the bass considering what this nonsense conversation's started from

Just a couple of random examples off the top of my head. This nonsense about how we choose not to play it is just that, nonsense. Same crack was said about Man City when they signed Haaland about their side not fitting a striker.

If they make the runs they'll get the ball. If they only make one or two per game then shockingly enough they won't get it that often.

I think it's also to do with the fact that they're in and out of the team. Players get used to playing together which means knowing both where each other are and also where there team mate is going to look to play it.

I general we ignore striker runs, turn around 50 times and play the ball out to Clarke with 3 men on him. We did the same with Roberts when fit as well. We just don't play through balls very often at all.

I general we ignore striker runs, turn around 50 times and play the ball out to Clarke with 3 men on him. We did the same with Roberts when fit as well. We just don't play through balls very often at all.
This. The service is absoloutely shite to the forwards meaning they either have to drop deep looking for the ball and are nowhere near the goal or are making ghost runs with no chance of ever receiving the ball amyway. Must be frustrating as fuck for a striker playing in our system.
Would like to see Clarke on the right and Roberts on the left for a change and told to whip balls into the box from the byline and the midfielders and forwards told to go and attack the f***ing thing like their life depends on it because the way we are playing really isn't working amd we turn over possesion far too easily when just inside the final third with all the sideways and backwards negative shite we play.

Today is a perfect example of why he should be given a run of games as striker.

He is constantly making excellent runs off the shoulder of their CB's which in turn forces Preston's defensive line to defend deeper and allows us more space in the pockets in the final third, e.g. where Pritchard picked the ball up for his goal.

Not something that will really be picked up on as it's not something that shows on the goal/assists charts, but well worth recognition.

Add to that he never stops running all game, contributes very well to the press, gets battered and smashed to bits and keeps coming back for more.

There's clearly some no striker PTSD from our players who are programmed to constantly go wide as opposed to picking out runs off the shoulder from a forward, but that will only change with consistency and won't sort itself out if Rusyn is getting a start every fifth or sixth game.

If he gets a consistent run of starts and our play style evolves to start to trust those forward runs, which again will only happen with time, I think there's the makings of a very decent forward option for us in Rusyn as even without the goal, we look far more dangerous with just the threat of his runs in behind, as we also did when he started against Norwich, Birmingham and Swansea too.

Posted the above after Preston and the point still stands.

At this point you have to be a special kind of stupid if you don't think he should be given a run of starts.

Back