Natwest

Status
Not open for further replies.
NatWest are a nightmare.

Thought I was shot of them many moons ago, only to find more recently that they had taken over one of my accounts from another company.

Got shot of them again, after another nightmare.

Natwest appears to be having technical issues with online banking with customers nationwide unable to check their accounts.

Some disgruntled customers are claiming cash has disappeared from their accounts or payments haven’t appeared on their statements.

Natwest has assured customers that nobody will lose their cash and are working to fix the apparent technical glitch.

All customers of Royal Bank of Scotland banks – including Lloyds TSC and Halifax – are said to be having issues.

The issue happened this morning – payday for millons of Brits aross the country ahead of the May Day bank holiday weekend.

Natwest wrote on Twitter: “We are aware of some issues with completing transfers on accounts, we are working hard to fix this. Sorry and thank you for your patience.”
Users who have spoke to customer services claim they were told the issue will not be fixed until after the bank holiday weekend.

If you have any questions you can head to the NatWest Help twitter page.

Or you can seek help and advice on the Natwest online banking website.

if you're still struggling you can call NatWest's general customer service number on 03457 888 444 in England and Wales or 03459 000 200 in Scotland.

Lloyds and Halifax aren't Royal Bank of Scotland Banks - maybe that's the issue they've sent the money to Bank of Scotland accounts by mistake.

I've been down to branch this morning to physically pay some cash into my current account so I can pay bills due today. They basically said they're working on it and I will get the money but cannot put any timescale on it.
Time to change banks I would say (once it's sorted out of course!).

Can't get onto my account :evil:. Better not fuck up my weekend beer and rugby plans in Leeds tomorrow.

They should be giving you a goodwill payment to cover invoice inconvenience and potential costs like interest.

Honestly, I can't imagine any response to this other than - as soon as they get the money back - closing the account. Why would anyone ever stay with a bank that loses his money and takes weeks to give it back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back