National League

Postponing their planned October start due to the lack of spectators.

Shape of things to come at our level? as clubs only started because they were promised fans by October?

Can’t see them playing this season then unfortunately.

I think people should be allowed in at their own risk as long as they’re distanced, especially at that level. It’s an open air environment too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can’t see them playing this season then unfortunately.

I think people should be allowed in at their own risk as long as they’re distanced, especially at that level. It’s an open air environment too.
No bar n tea hut or away fans Or any indoor areas may allow em to carry on.

Football as we know it will end, L1/2 and national league will become part time regional leagues, the championship will become the premier league 2nd division and the top end of the Premier league will go into a European super league 😉

It was bizarre and said the same to my lad.
The celebrations made a complete farce of social distancing and all of the safety aspects put in place. Some people just don’t give a fuck anymore and a fair few.
I think a large number of people stopped giving a fuck about anyone but themselves a long time ago mate. It’s just gone unnoticed until Covid came along and made it obvious.

I think a large number of people stopped giving a fuck about anyone but themselves a long time ago mate. It’s just gone unnoticed until Covid came along and made it obvious.
Did you see the pic of the MP sitting on the train without his mask on? Cummings and his Barney eye test? Social distancing and masks in the Commons?

If our so called leaders can't do it do you think that the public will?? I also seriously doubt that the Commons bar or any of those private gentlemen's clubs they all frequent chuck them out dot on ten either.

Bit early for a rant but there you go.

Did you see the pic of the MP sitting on the train without his mask on? Cummings and his Barney eye test? Social distancing and masks in the Commons?

If our so called leaders can't do it do you think that the public will?? I also seriously doubt that the Commons bar or any of those private gentlemen's clubs they all frequent chuck them out dot on ten either.

Twats will be twats mate. Doesn’t mean we have to follow their example.

PM boasting about shaking hands in a press conference 24hrs after being told by “the science” to expect 250,000 deaths if lockdown isn’t enforced. A fish rots from the head down or whatever they say in overly dramatic fillums.

I saw some of the fa cup game last night on the bbc's red button. No social distancing there in the crowd, especially for the penalties
The same fans will be crying when they aren't allowed into games.

Hashtag United(🤢) have been removing people's comments on their tweets that have made any mention of it instead of calling it out.

But it's ok because teams will massive stadiums that could easily social distance with a few thousand aren't allowed any fans in. Yet teams who probably only get a couple of hundred normally are taking the piss.

Hashtag United(🤢) have been removing people's comments on their tweets that have made any mention of it instead of calling it out.

But it's ok because teams will massive stadiums that could easily social distance with a few thousand aren't allowed any fans in. Yet teams who probably only get a couple of hundred normally are taking the piss.

I went to a few non league games earlier in the season (at a few different grounds). No more. Completely unsafe at every match I went to. Heaving clubhouses, nibbles on the bars, no social distancing, handshakes all around. And that's before you get into karaoke nights after charity matches. It wont be a popular opinion, but until this is sorted, IMO no football should be taking place anywhere other than behind closed doors.

I went to a few non league games earlier in the season (at a few different grounds). No more. Completely unsafe at every match I went to. Heaving clubhouses, nibbles on the bars, no social distancing, handshakes all around. And that's before you get into karaoke nights after charity matches. It wont be a popular opinion, but until this is sorted, IMO no football should be taking place anywhere other than behind closed doors.

I don't think it will last long all it takes is 1 person who is showing no symptoms to go and spread it around.

I'll never be able to understand why 600 fans in an area that is locked down can all go into a football ground but I can't go and have a cuppa at a family's house.

Just stay outside. You don’t need to go into clubhouses etc at a match.

Just stay outside. You don’t need to go into clubhouses etc at a match.

You do in a number of non-league grounds in the north east just to get in. That's not really the point I was making, though. One of the reasons we aren't back watching SAFC on a Saturday for months is because other people are acting irresponsibly and therefore spreading it. The 'just stay outside / safe / at home' argument, while fans of Hashtag f***ing United are rolling around on top of each other, is about as selfish as it is possible to get.

Its probably th same in pubs and bars....the big f ood led chains will be oserving the rules......i doubt smallish pubs are

Back