National league to be void?

Interesting that they’ve jumped so quickly, and gutted that no more football will be played this season, the same will be said for the football league.
Ultimately I think bias is always going to play a part in people’s opinion of what should be decided depending on your league position, but I think it’d be very unfair on South Shields (being 12 points clear) and others in the same boat for the call to be to null and void and start from scratch. I’m sure everyone would feel the same and Brady’s comments were interesting as West Ham hover perilously close to the drop zone. Anything other than Shields being promoted would be a nightmare and if that is decided it will have to be decided across all leagues which could bring with it even more controversy (more teams in a division possibly). Couldn’t see the season finishing as I think we are going to be without football until at least the summer but naturally hope they rule we go up.

Solves nothing, behind closed doors games. Clubs far too reliant on match day income particularly in lower leagues
It solves the argument of league placings. Yes I understand clubs need the money but for fairness of the competitions the games should be played behind closed doors if possible

Have I just read that correctly? The 'silver lining', of the national health emergency and global pandemic, would be Liverpool not winning the league? Jesus wept
Just some very sad people around. Now if it was the mags...I would find that amusing but to see it as a silver lining to thousands dying? No.

Shields owner not happy

With Morpeth in with a chance of promotion I'm disappointed for them.

But you'd have teams kicking off if you went the PPG route. So nobody is gonna be happy with either decision as you ain't getting the remaining games played.

It's really harsh to just cancel the season, shields surely have a strong case to be reimbursed for this, it's harsh on the players as well who would have got bonus payments and they'll be at least another year older when they move up to a higher level.

Back