National holidays

• Thread starter Deleted member 27677
  • Start date

@gillythedilf

Been on two the past year mate with @Voice of fair play of our better halfs. First one was Chester and Cheshire oaks shopping place. Was a great trip, got about 3 hrs in Chester before heading to hotel on the Saturday. Hotel not the best tbh, food was ok but bar area was canny and that had a singer on. We just found a few comfy seats and had a few drinks and bit chat. Sunday we got a good 4-5 hours in the shopping place iirc. Good designer outlet place. Think designer outlet at York and that's the type of thing it is. Great trip overall and cracking value at £69

About 2 months back we done the Yorkshire Dales one. Only downside on this one is they try to squeeze to many places in so you only spending couple of hours here and a hour or so there. Means to long spent on bus trying to fight your way round the tight bendy roads. Visited Grassington, ottley and about three other places. Hotel was much nicer though, was a holiday inn with cracking food and nice bar area to relax over a few beers.
Next one to Grassington Xmas market and Leeds is booked up for early December ;)

It definitely is tbf.

These trips sound class for the price like.
Think I'm just not hearing it when anyone says it.

Ms Z loves National Holidays. Probably been on about 10. I usually grumble but a few of them were canny enough (the food is nearly always crap mind so usually eat elsewhere). Best was probably Arrochar in Scotland - sacked off the day trips and went walking for a couple of days. Driver was ok with it though I could imagine some of them kicking up a fuss.

Ms Z loves National Holidays. Probably been on about 10. I usually grumble but a few of them were canny enough (the food is nearly always crap mind so usually eat elsewhere). Best was probably Arrochar in Scotland - sacked off the day trips and went walking for a couple of days. Driver was ok with it though I could imagine some of them kicking up a fuss.
Pronounced like the beginning of "Chernobyl".

Alreet che. Only really heard it said in Sunderland mind.

hi all,

Taking the mrs for a weekend away on a mystery tour,courtesy of national holidays.Done this once before and we ended up in Leeds /York for the weekend .
For £59 you receive your accommodation for the night ,evening meal and breakfast ,can't whack it .

Today I'll keep you's all updated on were we end up ,but straight away 1st impressions are good as bus is wall to wall with giggling MILFS.

chow for now.
Logon or register to see this image
You tight bastard

Some cracking boozers in Arrochar, we stay in the forest lodges in the other side of the loch every January. Love the place me like, planning a rail trip to Oban for the day next Jan.

@gillythedilf

Been on two the past year mate with @Voice of fair play of our better halfs. First one was Chester and Cheshire oaks shopping place. Was a great trip, got about 3 hrs in Chester before heading to hotel on the Saturday. Hotel not the best tbh, food was ok but bar area was canny and that had a singer on. We just found a few comfy seats and had a few drinks and bit chat. Sunday we got a good 4-5 hours in the shopping place iirc. Good designer outlet place. Think designer outlet at York and that's the type of thing it is. Great trip overall and cracking value at £69

About 2 months back we done the Yorkshire Dales one. Only downside on this one is they try to squeeze to many places in so you only spending couple of hours here and a hour or so there. Means to long spent on bus trying to fight your way round the tight bendy roads. Visited Grassington, ottley and about three other places. Hotel was much nicer though, was a holiday inn with cracking food and nice bar area to relax over a few beers.
Next one to Grassington Xmas market and Leeds is booked up for early December ;)
Well worth the money mate ,the mystery tour is excellent value for money and it’s half the fun not knowing where your going !

Don't think anyone has ever said alreet che to me in my whole life. Weird.
I’d say it’s lads from council estates who work on building sites,down the yards/pits who would say che like che.

Well worth the money mate ,the mystery tour is excellent value for money and it’s half the fun not knowing where your going !

I’d say it’s lads from council estates who work on building sites,down the yards/pits who would say che like che.
Dunno like, I grew up in Hendon and half my family worked in the pits / yards as well as loads of mates. I used to work in bookies shops all over the area as well when I was doing A levels / uni. Like I said earlier, I can only think I've never noticed it.

Dunno like, I grew up in Hendon and half my family worked in the pits / yards as well as loads of mates. I used to work in bookies shops all over the area as well when I was doing A levels / uni. Like I said earlier, I can only think I've never noticed it.

A lad I went to junior school with’s dad used to finish sentences with che, but he was from Hylton Redhouse way, although he lived in Pallion at the time. I think it’s more from the north side of the river. Remarkable how language changes over such a small distance.

A lad I went to junior school with’s dad used to finish sentences with che, but he was from Hylton Redhouse way, although he lived in Pallion at the time. I think it’s more from the north side of the river. Remarkable how language changes over such a small distance.

I moved 4 mile south of blackhall. When my dads mate visited i had to translate to my new marras.

£140 for a poor hotel and a bus trip? Sounds like poor value for money to me.

Could book a nice hotel yourself and get the mega bus somewhere for less.

If you can get from sunderland to Chester, book a hotel with breakfast and evening meal. Head to Cheshire oaks on the Sunday them get back to Sunderland for £69 per person crack on mate

If you can get from sunderland to Chester, book a hotel with breakfast and evening meal. Head to Cheshire oaks on the Sunday them get back to Sunderland for £69 per person crack on mate

Maybe not Cheshire but plenty other places.

According to this thread the food is generally poor so spoons for evening meal and breakfast will do!

Megabus £15 a head
Meals £8 a head
£90 will get you a decent hotel in most citys.

Go on your own schedule and do what you want when you want.

Last edited:

Back