National Holidays goes into administration

Nah, I’m sound TBF, getting paid and don’t need the money but I’m used to working.

I’m a pen pusher these days but still fit as a lop and love working outdoors. Happy to lift, carry, move, dig, do the shite jobs.

My brother reopened his site again last week but has nowt for me to do.

I sincerely hope everyone can come out of this only slightly worse off than they are today.
Aye I’ll second that. All the best pal. Hope you get sorted.

National holidays are abta covered.

Champion, will put my claim in tomorrow, thanks

Travel insurance will cover it.

Didn't have it, only ever bother with it for holidays abroad

Thanks. I booked direct rather than through Booking.com, if I'd booked through Booking.com would they have refunded me or would I be in the same boat? Just for future reference really

Champion, will put my claim in tomorrow, thanks

Didn't have it, only ever bother with it for holidays abroad

Thanks. I booked direct rather than through Booking.com, if I'd booked through Booking.com would they have refunded me or would I be in the same boat? Just for future reference really

I've no idea, I only ever booked direct whenever I used National Holidays.
Only just discovered airlines are not covered by ABTA, I was supposed to be going away tomorrow.

Last edited:
Just have to see what happens, worst case scenario it's a few hundred quid down the toilet. Much worse for those who've lost their jobs because of it

I just edited my post, just found out ABTA doesn't cover airlines, I was supposed to be going away tomorrow.
See how that pans out.

I just edited my post, just found out ABTA doesn't cover airlines, I was supposed to be going away tomorrow.
See how that pans out.

Is it not ATOL protected? I don't really know anything about cover/insurance type stuff like, I lead a simple life :lol: hope you get sorted

Not just going to be the big coach firms in trouble unfortunately, going to be all the ones that run in little towns and city’s that do the theatre trips, holiday trips and all the school runs, school trips etc.
Even the main private run bus companies on lots of towns doing service routes will be struggling like fuck with a massive down turn in passengers and a lot running effectively Sunday services and drivers on furlough.
Sounds cold, but the fallout from the virus has every chance to be far worse that the virus itself ☹️

Nah, I’m sound TBF, getting paid and don’t need the money but I’m used to working.

I’m a pen pusher these days but still fit as a lop and love working outdoors. Happy to lift, carry, move, dig, do the shite jobs.

My brother reopened his site again last week but has nowt for me to do.

I sincerely hope everyone can come out of this only slightly worse off than they are today.

Must be class not needing money.

Not just going to be the big coach firms in trouble unfortunately, going to be all the ones that run in little towns and city’s that do the theatre trips, holiday trips and all the school runs, school trips etc.
Even the main private run bus companies on lots of towns doing service routes will be struggling like fuck with a massive down turn in passengers and a lot running effectively Sunday services and drivers on furlough.
Sounds cold, but the fallout from the virus has every chance to be far worse that the virus itself ☹

I think the smaller ones will be getting their money from the self employed scheme thing soon.

Sounds cold, but the fallout from the virus has every chance to be far worse that the virus itself ☹
People don’t realise how bad it’s going to be when furloughing ends

I think the smaller ones will be getting their money from the self employed scheme thing soon.
There’s at least 3 round here that aren’t small 1 man self employed type things, these are medium sized companies.
One runs the local town buses, half the drivers still furloughed and next to no customers on the buses that do run, next to no oldies using them, and zero school kids.
Another runs a shit load of the school runs to the private schools and does a lot of the school trips and does theatre weekends and the like, and a third which does a lot of crossover stuff of the previous two.
The furlough may seem fine just to cover the drivers wages in the very short term but it will be crippling the companies having buses sitting in garages yet still have a lot of the overheads.
The furlough isn’t the silver bullet a lot seem to think it is, all it is doing in a lot of cases is delaying redundancies not preventing them
The same will apply to things like theatres up and down the country, gyms, pubs, none essential shops with rafts of people in different fields

Last edited:

Back