Nasty Magpies

Always on the look out here front and back.
If I hear one grab the gun and try and shoot it.

As bad as Cats when it comes to killing the wild birds.
Magpies are prone to not just eating the eggs of other birds but wait until the chicks call for food and in they go pulling every chick from the nest.

Magpies are prone to not just eating the eggs of other birds but wait until the chicks call for food and in they go pulling every chick from the nest.

Horrible kernts.
Still classed as vermin - and you are allowed to shoot them.

Bit of irony here, no?

And nobody ever thinks of the worms and the grubs. All the wild birds kill millions of the little squirmers every year, but nobody cares. One cat kills just one of the feathered genocidal monsters and there's hell on.

Magpies are clever, they have evolved to be very high up in the food chain by being ruthless killers. Nothing wrong with that.

A bit like humans really, except they don’t have the luxury of being able to build slaughter houses and do it on an industrial scale.

It’s a shame people need to shoot them, they’re clever and easily tamed. I guess if they’re causing bother, it’s not my place to judge. Robins and blue tits can be ruthless, but they’re cute and not greasy so they’re left alone. :lol:

they're f***ing bastards... they generally attack from behind you so you can't see them until they've hit you. typical magpie cowards.

Back