NASA & The Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's pointless discussing the facts on here anymore. No single unedited photo of earth, in its entirety exists. I can't wait for Space X to fly its first mission around the moon to show actual photographs (or even better, a live video feed) of the earth in outer orbit. The earth could well be a sphere, flat and on the back of a turtle, or shaped like a potato.

Damn, you beat me to it. I was about to post "Look unedited photos of the entire earth in some of those shots, the loons of the SMB will be disappointed"

So there's going to be a private mission to find NASA's old moon buggies. It'd be hilarious if they find them on bricks with the wheels missing.

NASA have stated last year there still trying to get through the van allen belt , which I found odd as they worked that out in the 60`s

It's pointless discussing the facts on here anymore. No single unedited photo of earth, in its entirety exists. I can't wait for Space X to fly its first mission around the moon to show actual photographs (or even better, a live video feed) of the earth in outer orbit. The earth could well be a sphere, flat and on the back of a turtle, or shaped like a potato.

It's a sphere.

I believe that's called anomaly hunting and ...

Regardless of the differences of the flux levels in the Inner and Outer Van Allen belts, the beta radiation levels would be dangerous to humans if they were exposed for an extended period of time. The Apollo missions minimised hazards for astronauts by sending spacecraft at high speeds through the thinner areas of the upper belts, bypassing inner belts completely

NASA have stated last year there still trying to get through the van allen belt , which I found odd as they worked that out in the 60`s

You are kinda misunderstanding how radiation works.

Passing through it once or twice at high speed is ok. Go backwards and forwards on a regular basis and you're going to start suffering radiation poisoning after a while.

Think about having an x-ray at the hospital, a quick x-ray of your wrist to see how much damage your teenage wanking has done is fine. Take an x-ray of your arm every week for a couple of years and you're going to start having major problems.

Comes down to whether you believe a boffin sat in a lab/office crunching numbers or people on the front line. Sounds like a geek justifying their own existence and selectively ignoring first hand evidence.
The numbers actually come from people on the front line. That is first hand evidence provided by all of the people on the "front line" rather than just the odd few, so that you get the full picture.
I really couldn't give a toss.. I'm not that interested TBH.
You could still try to understand why proper analysis of systematically gathered data is better than relying on potentially unreliable memories Never mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back