Naples

Anyone on here ever been .

Looking to go there within the next 2 years.

It's just a city that interests me, maybe catch a Napoli match and try the famous pizza. ( proper pizzas)
?

I went to Naples for a day and Ischia for a day. The outskirts looked grim coming on the train. I liked the centre but there was still an edge to it. Ischia was lovely so I imagine Capri and the Amalfi coast are beautiful. Pompeii was amazing but I was feeling rough so didn't fully appreciate it. Also there is Paestum nearby with three ancient Greek temples. It's definitely worth a visit but I do love the south of Italy.

I worked there on and off for 3 months Jan - April 2016

As a city its rough as fuck and can be edgy - especially if you aren't with a local. Was me and some Indians most of the time - they felt at home mind as driving/cleanliness is similar

I stayed in various hotels opposite the Egg castle Castel dell'Ovo (Naples) - 2019 All You Need to Know Before You Go (with Photos) - Naples, Italy | TripAdvisor which gave me a nice view each evening/morning

I wouldn't take my Mrs/kids there for a holiday - although am going to Amalfi later this year and flying in/out of Naples

In general it was my least favorite place I've been/worked in Italy. Even Sicily felt less dodgy

I worked there on and off for 3 months Jan - April 2016

As a city its rough as fuck and can be edgy - especially if you aren't with a local. Was me and some Indians most of the time - they felt at home mind as driving/cleanliness is similar

I stayed in various hotels opposite the Egg castle Castel dell'Ovo (Naples) - 2019 All You Need to Know Before You Go (with Photos) - Naples, Italy | TripAdvisor which gave me a nice view each evening/morning

I wouldn't take my Mrs/kids there for a holiday - although am going to Amalfi later this year and flying in/out of Naples

In general it was my least favorite place I've been/worked in Italy. Even Sicily felt less dodgy
oh and I went to the "original" Pizza restaurant - was very meh

Last edited:
That's nice. Your reviews on the food ?
We stumbled across a pizzeria near our Air bnb, 3 euro for a 12 inch pizza and it was unreal.

Went to other places and the food was toppa everywhere. There's a class bar next to the castles with breathtaking views over the city and the mountains.

We stumbled across a pizzeria near our Air bnb, 3 euro for a 12 inch pizza and it was unreal.

Went to other places and the food was toppa everywhere. There's a class bar next to the castles with breathtaking views over the city and the mountains.
Sounds class cheers marra. Just what I'm looking forward to when I go, hoping to visit the San Paolo aswell although that will be a task

Sounds class cheers marra. Just what I'm looking forward to when I go, hoping to visit the San Paolo aswell although that will be a task
Unfortunately they weren't at home when I went but the locals are very passionate about the club. I went just before christmas and the christmas markets were quality.

We were worried before we went with some of the things we read but none of them seemed true, we had a great time.

Should see it for yourself rather than go off others opinions.

I found it to be class and the architecture was stunning

This. I've been there and Sicily a few times and loved parts of both.

They aren't the polished beauties of Milan or the scale of Rome but that makes them more endearing IMO. The food and culture is undoctored

Back