Names on Shirt

Look, I wasn't being serious but surely any SAFC fan worth his salt has heard of Charlie Hurley. He's even appeared on the pitch at the SoL a couple of times, is one of our most famous former players, player of the 20th century, and had our former training facility named after him. He's also featured in various places around the SoL. His nickname is The King and to call anyone else that name is IMO a bit lacking in imagination. But despite having written all that I don't care that much what you have on your shirt.

I just find it bizarre that people want to use that nickname for a fairly ordinary lower league player, when we've had so many better ones even in the last ten years or so. He's been here one season and isn't even our best player right now.

Thought he was a manager tbf

Learn something new everyday

Paul Scrafton got a photo of him and his dad printed on the big white space on the back. A bit hit and miss for me like cringey as fuck but at the same time nice sentiment

I was in the Sunderland shop getting "The King" number 7, printed on the back of my replica shirt today, several others had asked for the same. Has anyone else personalised their shirt ahead of the big match on Sunday? If so, what did you get?

Did you notice if they had any more of the black away tops in ?

Only size small left on the online shop

Back