Nadiya Hussain

Status
Not open for further replies.

She's really rather good at this cooking lark and this television lark. Her new series is very good adn conveniently fits between University Challenge and Ripper Street.
You have to think that they take this into consideration when deciding on the winners of bake off etc. Not that I've ever watched it to know if she was any good but someone who could knock a good cake up but was a bit of a twat would be unlikely to win.

The household that watches television together remains buried in the blood and vomit of the 1970s.

This. Although a combo giving Arlmond is kind of okay.
I believe that is the American version (having just Googled it).

You have to think that they take this into consideration when deciding on the winners of bake off etc. Not that I've ever watched it to know if she was any good but someone who could knock a good cake up but was a bit of a twat would be unlikely to win.

She was very good although, to be fair, her year seemed special and stupidly nice.

How do you pronounce it?

AL-mond
or
Ar-mond?
There was a women where I used to work called Almond. Yes, really. She'd go nuts (no pun intended) if you pronounced it Ar-mond. Which everybody did, of course. So everyone just avoided using her name.

Who looks at a baby and says 'let's call her Almond?' Macadamia, I can understand... :lol:

There was a women where I used to work called Almond. Yes, really. She'd go nuts (no pun intended) if you pronounced it Ar-mond. Which everybody did, of course. So everyone just avoided using her name.

Who looks at a baby and says 'let's call her Almond?' Macadamia, I can understand... :lol:

As in first name? So, like Almond Smith. Almond Henry, Almond de Beauviore, Almond Trout etc.?

I just wonder what the other winners of bake off must think, they must think I won bake off and what do I get, an appearance on the one show and that's it, there's Nadiya she's got her own TV show, she's been to buckingham palace, probably have a film made about her and will soon have her own restaraunt business, that's just a guess mind.

I just wonder what the other winners of bake off must think, they must think I won bake off and what do I get, an appearance on the one show and that's it, there's Nadiya she's got her own TV show, she's been to buckingham palace, probably have a film made about her and will soon have her own restaraunt business, that's just a guess mind.

Well, last year's winner has a book contract and has cooked for Adele (not sure I'd be overly bothered about the latter TBH).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back