Mysterious photos

it's a really sad story like, this part on the wiki was worse imo though

David Sharp
In 2006, British mountaineer David Sharp was found in a hypothermic state in Green Boots' Cave by climber Mark Inglis and his party. Inglis controversially continued his ascent without offering assistance, and Sharp died of extreme cold some hours later. Around three dozen other climbers would have passed by the dying man that day; it has been suggested that those who noticed him mistook him for Green Boots, and therefore paid little attention.[2][9]
aye that what i was on about mate... some people are just a waste of cells... they could have made the guys last few hours better... but that won't be value for money would it

it's a really sad story like, this part on the wiki was worse imo though

David Sharp
In 2006, British mountaineer David Sharp was found in a hypothermic state in Green Boots' Cave by climber Mark Inglis and his party. Inglis controversially continued his ascent without offering assistance, and Sharp died of extreme cold some hours later. Around three dozen other climbers would have passed by the dying man that day; it has been suggested that those who noticed him mistook him for Green Boots, and therefore paid little attention.[2][9]
Yeah. I think the photo of Sharp is quite sad. He's sat on his bum, arms round his knees trying to keep warm and that's the position he froze to death in.

In addition to symmetry of the vignetting suggesting a digital filter has been applied, there is also the fact that the framing of the picture has the family cramped over to the right of frame with a large empty space conveniently empty to the left of frame. This would suggest the expectation that space would be needed or else the photographer would have placed the family center frame.

If you attempt Everest you have to understand that there is a 1 in 10 chance you die and a 10 in 10 chance if that you can't get out of the death zone under your own steam, you're going to die there.

sounds like a night with our lass

HEY-OH!!!!

aye that what i was on about mate... some people are just a waste of cells... they could have made the guys last few hours better... but that won't be value for money would it
just re-read your original post, I need to learn to pay more attention like :lol:

f***ing hell :(

Must have been shite just having to leave him
I forgot which book it was but I once read about two climbers in the Andes (I think) that were tied together making a climb. One slipped over the ledge and was dangling 50ft below the edge with a broken leg. The storm was so rough and loud the bloke up on top of the ledge couldn't hear the other blokes screams and vice versa. He ended up cutting away the bloke hanging off the mountain before he was pulled down himself.

Miraculously the bloke with the broken leg hanging over the edge survived and crawled about 8000ft to base camp.

I'd love to trek to that place, one thing to do before I die. Unless I die soon
me too. when I was in argentina one of the guides was talking about a trek up onto the glacier and round under mt Fitzroy. 3/4 day trek depending on conditions. I'd love to do that. as much as I want to do base camp I can't be bothered with flying into and out of Pakistan.

I forgot which book it was but I once read about two climbers in the Andes (I think) that were tied together making a climb. One slipped over the ledge and was dangling 50ft below the edge with a broken leg. The storm was so rough and loud the bloke up on top of the ledge couldn't hear the other blokes screams and vice versa. He ended up cutting away the bloke hanging off the mountain before he was pulled down himself.

Miraculously the bloke with the broken leg hanging over the edge survived and crawled about 8000ft to base camp.
touching the void. good book and film.

you might a few of the following:

Into Thin Air

No Way Down

and my favourite The White Spider

Sad stuff this mountain climbing carry on

me too. when I was in argentina one of the guides was talking about a trek up onto the glacier and round under mt Fitzroy. 3/4 day trek depending on conditions. I'd love to do that. as much as I want to do base camp I can't be bothered with flying into and out of Pakistan.

Didn't think about the Pakistan bit

just had a look on google, that is f***ing grim.
Doesn't seem like a nice way to go mind. That Mallory bloke who almost made it to the summit in the 20s promised to leave a photo of his wife at the summit should he make it. It's believed he didn't make it but when his body was discovered maps and documents were well preserved but there was no photo of his wife. His goggles were also in his pocket which could indicate good weather which could mean he made it, left the photo and died on the decent.

Back