My top 8 most controversial sunderland players/managers moves?

• Thread starter Deleted member 45378
  • Start date

Less of the sarcasm mate.
What relevance does a bet have.
The appointment of Stokoe was controversial and underwhelming being a former Mag and a track record of managing lower league teams.
Some supporters were openly hostile to him.
That is my direct answer to the question posed in this thread.

Good OP. James McLean controversy comes round every year and I genuinely don't get it. I would have thought that either:

-A) you essentially accept it. Either you agree with him or you at least understand why a bloke who grew up among families who lost people when the British army fired on non-combatants might not want to celebrate the British army. Or

-B) you disagree with him but understand that part of British culture is freedom of speech and one of the reasons we celebrate remembrance day is to honour those who protected our freedoms to do things like - not wear a poppy.

Maybe not staggeringly controversial, but nonetheless ill-advised - 1) Allowing Stan Cummins to leave on a free instead of offering an alike or improved contract 2) Approaching Leicester to sign Frank Worthington & coming back with Bob Lee.

Selling Mannone. I could understand selling Pickford although I didn't agree with it. But why then sell your other keeper? Could we have stabilised in the championship even if in the bottom half?

Sacking Mr Sbragia after he had singlehandedly saved our club and relegated the Mag in the same stroke

had we replaced him with Lippi or Hitzfeld I could have understood, but instead we chose Br*ce.
I will never forgive Quinn for his conduct in that affair

Back