My Son's New Home Shirt Just Arrived through the door. And.....

It's definitely SAFC red. SAFC and Children with cancer's logo is Pan 485 red and it matches the stripes.

I'm an ex printer who has printed stuff for both of the above.
The one I've just seen (Park Lane) had two distinctly different shades of red on stripes and charity logo.

At least he got what he ordered, I asked and paid for a polo shirt and got a kids away strip. Incompetent arseholes.

We’ll get used to it, the sponsor in red definitely doesn’t help but I quite like the back. I don’t think anything can be worse than the 17/18 one

It's definitely SAFC red. SAFC and Children with cancer's logo is Pan 485 red and it matches the stripes.

I'm an ex printer who has printed stuff for both of the above.

That may be what it's supposed to be, but the stripes and the red box box for the logo are definitely different shades on the shirt I have in my hand.

That may be what it's supposed to be, but the stripes and the red box box for the logo are definitely different shades on the shirt I have in my hand.

Actually remembering back (I ceased being a hands on printer in 2006) I think over time the CWC logo did darken a little, to a more of a blood red. Sunderland have always been 485 but this is a print ref. RAL is 2002 ,a paint ref.

I would have no idea what refs they use re: textiles.

It's shit. No stripes on the back and the sponsor logo being a slightly different red makes it naff as fuck. Really unprofessional. Would prefer more stripes than just the three on the front but guess that's what you get with Adidas.
How many stripes do the extra fat bastards strip get then?

Anyway, 3 stripes can look areet as long as you put more elsewhere than just the front. There are some class versions of the strip with just 3 stripes like the 73 and 1977 and other various season.

Logon or register to see this image

Sunderland - Historical Football Kits

Looking at the link above you can see the first striped kit started as red stripe in the middle. We even had a few side by side versions, no stripe fully in the middle, from 1904 and 10 years from 1912 to 1922. For nearly 50 years from 1959 up until 1997 (pinstripe aside), it was red stripe in the middle.

It was the Asics version in 1997 that put the white stripe in the middle, however the simplistic styling of that was class so it was allowed ;) Yet some on here claim white in the middle is what it should be! :lol:

This is the Asics top with the dodgy material that at the time seemed to be everywhere in those seasons!

Last edited by a moderator:
You'd think it was hard to design a nice red and white shirt !

To be honest I don't mind the new one but think it would have been better with stripes on the arms.

How many stripes do the extra fat bastards strip get then?

Anyway, 3 stripes can look areet as long as you put more elsewhere than just the front. There are some class versions of the strip with just 3 stripes like the 73 and 1977 and other various season.

Sunderland - Historical Football Kits

Looking at the link above you can see the first striped kit started as red stripe in the middle. We even had a few side by side versions, no stripe fully in the middle, from 1904 and 10 years from 1912 to 1922. For nearly 50 years from 1959 up until 1997 (pinstripe aside), it was red stripe in the middle.

It was the Asics version in 1997 that put the white stripe in the middle, however the simplistic styling of that was class so it was allowed ;) Yet some on here claim white in the middle is what it should be! :lol:

This is the Asics top with the dodgy material that at the time seemed to be everywhere in those seasons!

The Kevin Arnott strip looks class, would love it if we could go back to that design..

At least he got what he ordered, I asked and paid for a polo shirt and got a kids away strip. Incompetent arseholes.

This...ordered adult and kids away kit Monday...email wednesday to say kids was out of stock...their mistake...replaced with training top in email reply but no response and unlikely to get either before Saturday last post now.

Thinking paint on shirts instead

Back