My Response to a Chelsea mate - Re: Reidy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aw, thanks for that SuperKev, I just wish that I could put things as succinctly as DJP :

We've had the greatest ride I can remember (well, apart from a couple of lasses in our Sales Department!) but all good things come to an end.

Pure class that!

Thanks to all who replied... I really appreciate all those comments. It took me about 5 minutes to write that... it just poured out.

ITHICS.

nuff said

Yes us true fans all felt the same thing at the end of the Fulham game- the same as in numerous games both this season and last. I believe Paris, that if the fans supported Reid consistently and therefore supported the players more- the atmosphere around the club would be 10 times better and the players 10 times as confident.

My response to a Chelsea mate - Re Reidy

Excellent Post Paris

In addition want to commend Cockney for the best analogy I have seen/heard in a long time which also summed up how I feel

great post , must be a gold nom.
although i couldnt make it to the fulham game,somehow ive gone from reid neutral to a reluctant reid outer over the last 72 hours.
:eek:
i cant get a mag ticket but will be at cambridge and villa. and i hope to god i wont have to go through what it seems everyone went through last saturday.
it was bad enough with mcmenemy & butcher & buxton, but everyone ive spoken too who lived through those dark days says it was worse against fulham.no-one deserves that again.
please bob put everyone concerned out of their misery.
thank you peter reid, for 2 years you were better than any manager i thought sunderland would ever have,playing the best football weve ever played. starting after 0v4 at reading until the melanie sykes debacle you hardly put a foot wrong.
heres hoping you get it right somewhere again in the future :wink: thanks

This definitely meets all the requirements of a gold post.

For those of you who haven't sussed this out yet here are the criteria.

1. It must be anti-Reid.
2. It must explain how you've tried to resist the urge to be anti-Reid, but failed. (This is to draw nominations from the Reid-out martyrs.)
3. It must list as many of the now mythical reasons why Reid should go as possible. Everyone knows them but some require the perpetual reassurance that only manic repetition can bring.
4. Did I say that it must be anti-Reid
Definitely Gold.

:roll:

Laputian said:
Definitely Gold.

Can't disagree with that.

A great post Paris. I really thought that Reidy had started to turn things round after the Leeds and Man U matches, but he hasn't. He's lost the fans, he's lost the players and for the sake of the club he has to go.

Corvus said:
He's lost the fans, he's lost the players and for the sake of the club he has to go.

Quite a number of us actually stayed to the end. He's lost some more of the fans would have been more accurate.

Having lost the players requires proof. Not easy.

I think for the sake of the club is the sort of emotive comment that guarantees a gold thread when associated with a Reid-out statement. Unless you waste it on someone else's thread that is. :wink:

Laputian, I'm glad that I've actually helped you learn something...

1. It must be anti-Reid.
2. It must explain how you've tried to resist the urge to be anti-Reid, but failed. (This is to draw nominations from the Reid-out martyrs.)
3. It must list as many of the now mythical reasons why Reid should go as possible. Everyone knows them but some require the perpetual reassurance that only manic repetition can bring.

It also depends upon your definition of 'anti-Reid' - the term which forms the basis of your arguments in points 1,2 & 4. I certainly have nothing personal against him. All I said was that the overwhelming feeling that I experienced on Saturday, as the Stadium emptied, was that I could see no way in which the crowd could ever change from the waiting-to-get-on-their-backs mentality into a cheer-the-lads-on mentality whilst Reid & Heath remain in charge. In the light of that opinion there would be no sense in him staying on.

Last but not least. In point 3 you sink to the alleged level of the people that you purport to despise by stating as a fact what is, in relation to my original post anyway, a complete misnomer in order to serve your own sarcastic purposes.... and that annoys me a little bit, thought you were above that sort of thing...

Laputian said:

1. It must be anti-Reid.
Definitely Gold.

:roll:

Laputain you really are starting to get bitter and twisted. Your like a trapped animal.
That post summed up beautifully the feelings of most of us. It obviously stirs things up inside of you so you have to come out with comments like those.

Laputian said:
Corvus said:
He's lost the fans, he's lost the players and for the sake of the club he has to go.

Quite a number of us actually stayed to the end. He's lost some more of the fans would have been more accurate.

I think for the sake of the club is the sort of emotive comment that guarantees a gold thread when associated with a Reid-out statement. Unless you waste it on someone else's thread that is. :wink:

i am not going to get involved in the usual pointless debate with you mate, but the fact that a number of people stayed until the end does not mean that they are all the ones that are still backing Reid.

I was for some reason still there at the end, as were a couple of mates that are of the same opinion as me, in that he has to go, and as were a few other people that i know want him to go.

In fact i walked out of the stadium gutted (and its a long time since i let it get to me as much as it did last satda!) at the pathetic and embarrassing scenes i had just witnessed, and i defy anyone that says they felt differently and also don't understand how anyone can see him turning it around after that. :(

Laputian said:
Corvus said:

I stayed till the end as did a lot of Reid outers, just because you stay till the end doesn't make you a Reid supporter - I just wanted to see how bad it can get.
The lost the players evidence - I think Saturdays performance is evidence enough. Tell me this Laputain do you really think he is motivating these players?
It is the best squad I've ever known, yes he built it but with money - theres no kids who have really come throught the ranks and taken the team by storm. He bought the players but he can't make them play.

Good point wastid - I'd like to know truthfully what Laputain and the Reid inners felt walking out of the SOL on saturday.

Perfect Summary. I was in my seat on Saturday watching people leave and I didn't care. I couldn't believe what I was seeing on the pitch and the feelings that I had towards it. It was the first time in my life that I didn't care what was happening on the pitch.

When the manager loses the fans and the players there is only one way to go for him and that is out.

We need new blood otherwise we will go down and not come back.

FTM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back