My Neighbour Died Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

TopCat

Striker
......got home to find a body bag being carried out from my next door neighbour's house. Quiet guy, kept himself to himself and as it turns out was a lot older than I thought he was (he was 64). Now I think about it, I hadn't seen him in weeks and feel a bit guilty and a bit sad that the guy could have been lying there for days/weeks. That's no way to go :cry:

......got home to find a body bag being carried out from my next door neighbour's house. Quiet guy, kept himself to himself and as it turns out was a lot older than I thought he was (he was 64). Now I think about it, I hadn't seen him in weeks and feel a bit guilty and a bit sad that the guy could have been lying there for days/weeks. That's no way to go :cry:
Don't feel bad. It's the way we are today. People have their own busy lives through work and family life.

Growing up as a kid we knew all our neighbours as in the estate. Where I live now I see people in my street briefly for about 30 seconds once a month. It's a quick hi/bye conversation.

Something my missus who grew up in a village struggles with

I live in a small village now and being alone on the floor for days isn't likely as we look after each other. Kind of like we were in roker when I was a bairn. We are very very lucky as the community is second to none, and I really mean that. I was talking to a district nurse the other day about loneliness in the elderly and I think where I live that people are as lonely as they want to be as opposed to what they are dealt.

Shit like this happens man.
Layne Staley, for example, was an international rock star & laid dead for two weeks before anyone discovered him.
Human beings by their very nature are self consumed & concentrate solely on their own futile existence.
We're all guilty of that to some degree.

Rip to the poor chap btw.

Shit like this happens man.
Layne Staley, for example, was an international rock star & laid dead for two weeks before anyone discovered him.
Human beings by their very nature are self consumed & concentrate solely on their own futile existence.
We're all guilty of that to some degree.

Rip to the poor chap btw.
RIP to the chap, mind there's more than a hint of nominative determinism in there... he's layne there a while and must have grown staley after two weeks
soz if that's offensive, just a bad attempt at humour

Sorry to hear that :(

Don't beat yourself up over it. If he kept himself to himself, it's not your fault that it may have happened days ago and nobody knew. It's not like you were deliberately ignoring him, you just though things were normal. I'm sure if there was some kind of sign that things were wrong, you would have helped. Keep your chin up pet xx

Sorry to hear that :(

Don't beat yourself up over it. If he kept himself to himself, it's not your fault that it may have happened days ago and nobody knew. It's not like you were deliberately ignoring him, you just though things were normal. I'm sure if there was some kind of sign that things were wrong, you would have helped. Keep your chin up pet xx
Thanks becs. My chief concern at this point is how I'm going to get my son's footballs back from his back yard. I was waiting to catch him as there are about 5 PL balls in there because someone doesn't understand "keep the ball down". Now I'm assuming whoever clears the house will just bin them...........

Thanks becs. My chief concern at this point is how I'm going to get my son's footballs back from his back yard. I was waiting to catch him as there are about 5 PL balls in there because someone doesn't understand "keep the ball down". Now I'm assuming whoever clears the house will just bin them...........

Put a sympathy card through the door saying sorry for your loss......... PS can we have our balls back? ;)

True. Should have used a gurney. H&S slackers.

It'll be easier to climb over and get them now that it will have been at any point when the fella was able to keep an eye on his yard.

Just jump over his fence and get them, sorted.

So your only concern was really a few penny floaters ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back