My mate....

But now he's flash, you think he's having money trouble. It doesn't make any sense, sadly.

Couldn't think of owt worse personally. I dodge them if possible.
Going off the rails and spending money he doesn't have because he's given up is what the op is hinting at.

I haven't been on a stag for years,sounds class.

Last edited:
I feel it ramping up now in my late 20s.

There was a flurry in my early 20s of really religious people I knew from University. I didn’t go to those ones. They wouldn’t have wanted me there anyway had they really known me.

13 is the average age for marriage in Howton iirc?
late 20's, nee offence mate, but I had you down as an older gadgy, 40/50's. just shows.

in recent months has started living an extravagant lifestyle from what we are used to

He’s splashed out on an A class car, brand new top spec kitchen, holiday in Vietnam alongside ramping up his nights out and number of stag do’s he attends. He started a new job in London which see’s him living there through the week and is also the treasurer of his footie team

Do the SMB have any advice on

A) Should we approach the subject with him to check he’s ok, not in financial trouble etc

B) query where all the money is coming from

Or should we just mind our own business
What does he do for a job?

I know. I always figured stag dos were kind of compulsory for your close friends.

If you're a good mate with the lad I don't see how you couldn't go.. if it's not your thing maybe you don't have much in common and aren't really good mates.. I love a stag tbh especially abroad for 3 days on the hoy

in recent months has started living an extravagant lifestyle from what we are used to

He’s splashed out on an A class car, brand new top spec kitchen, holiday in Vietnam alongside ramping up his nights out and number of stag do’s he attends. He started a new job in London which see’s him living there through the week and is also the treasurer of his footie team

Do the SMB have any advice on

A) Should we approach the subject with him to check he’s ok, not in financial trouble etc

B) query where all the money is coming from

Or should we just mind our own business

If he's your mate just ask him outright or take the piss. That's what mates do

Actually aye I do remember you saying that.

Reckon you’ll make it tonight?

Na unfortunately not mate. I’m still in Dunbar can’t get last job finished till tomorrow morning so be here till about 11am tomorrow.

Working with another Sunderland fan so we are going to walk down into Dunbar town and watch it there.

Back