MY GARDEN SHED

Got a brick one that looks like an old outhouse and then some kind of asbestos panelled roof between that and the house with doors on it. The doors and frames on both are rotting to bits, I'm waiting for some good weather to buy some wood and replace them.

Been waiting two years :lol:

Got a brick one that looks like an old outhouse and then some kind of asbestos panelled roof between that and the house with doors on it. The doors and frames on both are rotting to bits, I'm waiting for some good weather to buy some wood and replace them.

Been waiting two years :lol:

I hope its not asbestos.

I hope its not asbestos.
There's two different types of roof, one on the old outhouse and one on the bit between that and the house. The survey we had when we moved in flagged up asbestos on the shed roof, can't remember the exact wording but it didn't specify which.

Edit: Just had a brainwave and Googled it, I know which it is now.

As far as I understand as long as it's intact it's best left alone?

There's two different types of roof, one on the old outhouse and one on the bit between that and the house. The survey we had when we moved in flagged up asbestos on the shed roof, can't remember the exact wording but it didn't specify which.

Edit: Just had a brainwave and Googled it, I know which it is now.

As far as I understand as long as it's intact it's best left alone?

I'd still want rid of it if it was me.

I'd still want rid of it if it was me.
Aye I'll get rid eventually. Only a few sheets of corrugated asbestos cement and it's pretty firmly in place between three walls. A from what I've read (albeit not a great deal :lol:) it looks like it'd be more about disposing of it properly as opposed to having to get licensed people in to remove it. Not that I'd want to be karate chopping it in half or owt like.

Back