My first Marathon (kielder)

Luke_112590

After running a couple of half marathons in the last 2 years (Paris & Glasgow) I promised myself I'd never run a full one.

But after recently receiving some bad news I've signed up to do the Kielder marathon.

Just looking for any handy first time marathon tips? Or any stories from people who may have ran Kielder before.

Thanks in advance

My first marathon, loved it, ran past Crammy. Undulating but good, bit of a drive to get there, even longer driving back with cramp in most of me legs ha. Train gor it and youll enjoy.

After running a couple of half marathons in the last 2 years (Paris & Glasgow) I promised myself I'd never run a full one.

But after recently receiving some bad news I've signed up to do the Kielder marathon.

Just looking for any handy first time marathon tips? Or any stories from people who may have ran Kielder before.

Thanks in advance
My first one too. Didn't fancy a road one. I'm planning on staying up there for the weekend

My first one too. Didn't fancy a road one. I'm planning on staying up there for the weekend

Yer I've managed to sort a hotel about 12miles away for 12 of us. (Only me running) but got the family coming for support.

Quite difficult to get accomadation if you haven' sorted it already.

Yer I've managed to sort a hotel about 12miles away for 12 of us. (Only me running) but got the family coming for support.

Quite difficult to get accomadation if you haven' sorted it already.
Think I'll try get sorted on Kielder itself if possible. If not a lodge with a hot tub and plenty cold beers will be sourced!

My 1st and last marathon. I thought it would be flat, it isn't, constant up and down with about 3 bastard hills.

It's a great race though, well organised and if you get a nice day it's stunning.

Train lots. Miles 23-25 are hell.

Haven't had a chance to get over yet with working away.

Marathon ain' till October so plenty of time.

Just getting the runs in atm
How's training going? I'm doing 5 miles x5 at the moment. Play football too. Increasing as I feel fitter. Think once im.up to 8-10 milers I'll knock it down to couple runs a week and start piling the miles on.

Any eating/ drinking tips anyone? Should I be hammering the Scran? @Titus ?

How's training going? I'm doing 5 miles x5 at the moment. Play football too. Increasing as I feel fitter. Think once im.up to 8-10 milers I'll knock it down to couple runs a week and start piling the miles on.

Any eating/ drinking tips anyone? Should I be hammering the Scran? @Titus ?

I'm doing 4 runs a week from 3-5miles. Then one on a weekend 8-10 miles atm.

Just signed up to Myasics marathon training plan which came highly recommended on Twitter. Looks pretty decent. Starting to follow that in a couple of weeks time.

My diets all over the place always eating shite. So will be sorting that out massively also. Not a clue on actual diet plans or tips like

Back