My dog is going to heaven

All the best mate, its incredibly difficult. People who don't own dogs will be wondering what all the fuss is about but like I said to my wife I was closer to my dog than 95% of people in my life, basically anyone outside of my house.

Got my dog put down a few months ago, she had cancer and the tumours were getting bigger by the day.

She was cracking in with life and seemed happy but we knew it was a matter of time before she stopped being the dog we loved. Was such a hard decision to make but we stopped her suffering before it got to much.

Still miss her everyday, she is the only one in the house who never got in a mood with anyone or got upset. Wish the she could have taught that to the wife before she left :).

I will never get another dog as she is irreplaceable. She had everything and I know whenever I see families dogs I compare and think 'your a bit shit'

We had her for about 7 year before our kids came along, we were worried she would be jealous. We couldnt have been more wrong she was amazing and loved them. My little lad is 4 and half and tells me couple times a week he loves and mrs her and when posting his family she is still on the list.

Sorry for the long post but it got me reminiscing.
I can understand.

I didn’t want a dog but she is sitting on my lap now and like you said, I prefer her to most people too.

Feed them, exercise them, look after them and it’s 100% loyalty in return. I wish that I had that from the kids.

I can understand.

I didn’t want a dog but she is sitting on my lap now and like you said, I prefer her to most people too.

Feed them, exercise them, look after them and it’s 100% loyalty in return. I wish that I had that from the kids.

The kids? The wife more like, I'm sure she is fully paid member of the "ignore all the stuff he has done and find the one thing to complain about cause he is a bastard club" 😉.

At the moment I feel like I wouldn't want to put myself through the loss you end up loving a dog like they are your kids but you will see them off. Couldn't face that again right now.

Time will heal. As they grow older, knowing what's coming doesn't seem to make the pain less. It's a price you pay for all the enjoyment your pet gave you. The only way to avoid that pain is to die first.

Sad news mate.
I don't think we got over losing our dog until we got another one.
Same here. months after she died I still missed her dreadfully. Once our new pup arrived it stopped a lot of the grieving. Sounds awful but it just did. Now she’s really old and I know it’s coming.

Sorry to hear mate, it’s an awful thing to go through. Last my boy in August and it’s still killing me inside, keep your chin fella.

So sorry to hear that Nathan. It's an awful thing to have to go through but time does heal. Sending my love xx

Would love a dog but want to be able to look after it properly so it will probably be post-retirement. Not looking forward to this bit of it though.

Sorry to hear you've lost your friend, mate.

Sorry to hear that...still miss ours 3 years or so since we lost him

you do eventually think about all the good times you had rather than being devastated..

Back