Muslims threaten teacher over LGBT school lessons...

Now there's interesting. LGBT rights in pre-modern Islam. The opening paragraph is not what I expected....

'Public attitudes toward homosexuality in the Ottoman empire and elsewhere in Muslim world underwent a marked change starting from the 19th century under the influence of the sexual notions and norms prevalent in Europe at that time, and homoeroticism began to be regarded as abnormal and shameful. A number of Muslim-majority countries have retained criminal penalties for homosexual acts enacted under colonial rule.'

LGBT in Islam - Wikipedia

It seems that the closer you get to the time of Big Mo the more it was tolerated in society. I suggest the demonstrators (and one or two on these pages) read a little history.

A pure religion my arse.

Last edited:
And given that the local MP and Education Secretary have both been vocal in condemning the protests, this obviously is not the case here. Wouldn't you agree?
oh they may come out with "strong words" , but we must judge politicians by their actions , our political class will soon back down and muslims will soon be exempt from these classes , wait and watch

oh they may come out with "strong words" , but we must judge politicians by their actions , our political class will soon back down and muslims will soon be exempt from these classes , wait and watch
We will have to see the outcome. I don't think that the education system should or will bend to the protestors' demands.

The Ottoman Empire decriminalized homosexuality in 1858. You don't pass a law like that if everybody is pious and all and not having homosexual relationships.

Islam is deeply conflicted about homosexuality.
Islam is inherently homophobic, as are the various Christian Bibles - just that some individual Muslims and moreso Christians, tend to ignore/make excuses for the bits they disagree with - especially that bit.

The Ottoman Empire decriminalised homosexuality during the exact same political reforms that included the adoption of secular law, displacing religious law. The religious texts say what they say, and they are unambiguous - in the case of Tanzimat secular reforms, they just stopped imposing it as the de facto legal framework.

Islam is inherently homophobic, as are the various Christian Bibles - just that some individual Muslims and moreso Christians, tend to ignore/make excuses for the bits they disagree with - especially that bit.

The Ottoman Empire decriminalised homosexuality during the exact same political reforms that included the adoption of secular law, displacing religious law. The religious texts say what they say, and they are unambiguous - in the case of Tanzimat secular reforms, they just stopped imposing it as the de facto legal framework.
You'll probably find Muslims tolerated gays earlier on and the Bible didn't, whereas the new testament focuses on principles to live by and not about condemning others, but as the Muslim world has grown it's become much less tolerant.

Probably because the far-right-wingers on here are framing the debate as "Look how backward the Muslims are!" rather than "Look at how backward the homophobes are!", which has left the liberals chuckling to themselves about the irony that probably our most backward section of society is calling someone else backward.
i would say the hardcore islamists are the most backward and brainwashed element of UK society

Firstly many children are not taught the "pants rule" particularly those who are at risk at being abused as often its the abuser bringing them up.

Secondly you probably need to read about what is actually taught before you start using emotive language like "being exposed" to LGBTQ which by definition makes it sound as though its something bad and damaging which it is not.

Ironically "Im just me" is exactly the kind of thing they are taught. Some people may have an issue with you being a slightly butch female but you should not be made to feel uncomfortable or ashamed about that.......Gay people, particularly boys have the highest rates of suicide amongst any group. They need to understand that whoever they feel they are, whoever they are attracted to in terms of gender is perfectly normal and perfectly fine. Sexual attraction and gender identity are not f***ing choices and if you make people believe they are or do not tell children that whatever they feel is not wrong then they will grow up believing they are weird.

Thankfully the next generation is far more enlightened than the last.....On my facebook I have many former school friends from the 80s who are now openly gay. They were never able to admit it at school as they would have been tortured and it was never spoken about at school either.....Thankfully in todays classrooms kids can be who they are, are able to be openly gay without being verbally and physically abused and are well supported by pastoral staff. Similarly in the last 3 or 4 years transgender pupils are now feeling able to be the person they want to be and that too is leading to happier more well adjusted children who can focus on what really matters in their lives without this fucked up internal struggle tearing them apart.

However much todays 40+ s (and sadly some 30+'s) bang on about it, homophobia and LGBT bigotry is dying as they die out....The next generation are far more liberal and accepting of others both in terms of sexuality and race. The world is going to be a far better place once this type of bigotry is consigned to history and people are just able to be themselves without being judged by others.
Well said that man.

i would say the hardcore islamists are the most backward and brainwashed element of UK society

Do you know what they all need...a couple of pints..one day if I see a few of them coming out of the mosque by the Royalty looking all uptight and angry i'm going to pull my car over go over and say 'why so glum chums'..'haway come up the Chesters for a sesh..but go and get changed first'..they're always angry and miserable.

Id say them and the far right are two sides of a dirty and dangerous coin.

Do you know what they all need...a couple of pints..one day if I see a few of them coming out of the mosque by the Royalty looking all uptight and angry i'm going to pull my car over go over and say 'why so glum chums'..'haway come up the Chesters for a sesh..but go and get changed first'..they're always angry and miserable.

Went to a mates wedding a couple of years back, he married a muslim girl of Iranian dissent. Interesting do, some White British family and friends on the grooms side, mostly Iranian on the brides side.....The interesting thing is that although all identified as Muslims some wore the hijab and others didnt, some had short skirts on and some drunk alcohol like fishes while others drank nowt. Those who didnt did not have an issue with those who did....When my mate went back to Iran we took the piss out of him saying he would end up locked up or getting murdered, indeed he was apprehensive. Said it was nothing like he believed it would be and there were places were alcohol was freely available which goes slightly against the narrative.

Top and bottom is that there are lots of different kind of muslims like there are lots of different kinds of Christians.......Some people say they are christian despite only ever doing christenings, weddings and funerals while others gan on full radgie bible bashing.......Its almost like people are individuals and interpret and live their lives in very different ways.

Last edited:

Went to a mates wedding a couple of years back, he married a muslim girl of Iranian dissent. Interesting do, some White British family and friends on the grooms side, mostly Iranian on the brides side.....The interesting thing is that although all identified as Muslims some wore the hijab and others didnt, some had short skirts on and some drunk alcohol like fishes while others drank nowt. Those who didnt did not have an issue with those who did....When my mate went back to Iran we took the piss out of him saying he would end up locked up or getting murdered, indeed he was apprehensive. Said it was nothing like he believed it would be and there were places were alcohol was freely available which goes slightly against the narrative.

Top and bottom is that there are lots of different kind of muslims like there are lots of different kinds of Christians.......Some people say they are christian despite only ever doing christenings, weddings and funerals while others gan on full radgie bible bashing.......Its almost like people are individuals and interpret and live their lives in very different ways.

And how easier would things be if more of them were like that..not forcing things on people.

And how easier would things be if more of them were like that..not forcing things on people.

I think the massive massive majority are exactly like that......Just like the Tommy Robinson gob shites spout their bile the silent majority who make up 99.9% of the population just crack on with their lives.......Problem is in a City where we have a tiny muslim population few of us get our narrative from people we know and therefore peoples knowledge is derived from the media headlines....

Muslim man goes to work, comes home, has he tea, gans to play 5 aside and has a pint before bed is not big news......We are only ever shown the "sexy" stories of extremism.

Back