Muslims threaten teacher over LGBT school lessons...

Some parents round here ended up in the national press for trying to stop their kids school teaching about Islam, they were ignored.

Similarly these parents need to be ignored when it comes to teaching about LGBTQ.

Sometimes children need a counter narrative to their own parents screwed up views.

You really need to do some research and find out what is actually being taught at a young age....Do you honestly believe that teachers bombard with "all that stuff"? Do you even understand what its like trying to explain anything to a group of 5 year olds on any topic let alone LGBTQ?

What about if I told you that that primary schools sex education is based around what is and is not appropriate/inappropriate touching and that if someone is touching you in private parts you must tell somebody? Is this not something you should be taught?

I think that is the crux of the matter..exactly what is it that these kids are being taught / shown??

Has the actual content of the lesson been put in the public domian. I have no problem with advocating equality whether it be to LBTG or to Muslims or any other group, however i would have a problem if it were promoting lifestyle. If kids turn out to be gay(and some will) of their own volition then fair enough, but it would be wrong to have them being guided in school.

Are you actually serious? In 2019 you believe that someone can be "guided" into being gay by teachers? Fuck me man, teachers struggle to get the fuckers to come to school and do the work needed for their exams/futures, do you honestly think teachers have a magic wand that could "guide" someone into a different sexuality?

If you believe that someone can be guided or talked into being gay then by definition if you are heterosexual then you could be "guided" into being gay? Have a think about it for a moment, is there a single thing anybody could say that would make you start to fancy men (assuming you are male?)
Similarly do you ever remember making the decision to be "straight" or did you just become aware you were attracted to the opposite sex?

If you do believe that teachers can "guide" pupils into being gay then do you also believe that they have the power to "cure" being gay by "guiding" children not to be gay? Given how difficult being gay can be in a society like ours then if all they needed was a good talking to do you not think it would be done to save the child from the kind of bigotry and hurt that inflicted on them by sad people still leaving in the dark ages (not just muslims but so called modern Brits)

Honestly cant believe that in this day and age Im having to explain stuff like this to an adult. :oops:

The Muslim fella on the Sky News clip I saw made his feelings very clear. He said its ok for Christians to sit around a table talking about being gay and lesbian but its not for us lot, we don’t accept it. This has nothing to do with children. This is purely Muslims ignoring the equality rules because it doesn’t match their religion.
His mate also said that God created women created for men’s pleasure.

Its a complete lack of tolerance, understanding and willingness to integrate.

Not just muslims, there is at least one person on this thread who doesnt want kids being indoctrinated with the gayeness at school....There are plenty of white Brits, particularly those of an age that we like to excuse for an array of bigoted views who are equally as homophobic as any muslim.

I think that is the crux of the matter..exactly what is it that these kids are being taught / shown??

Lets put it this way, schools are so careful with what children see/read or view that we had to write home to pupils in year 7 to state we were using a certain BBC programme as it was a certificate 12 and some were still 11. Similarly in primary we use Kipper and Chip books, do you think that these primary teachers are all of a sudden go to teaching them explicit material?

Last edited:
Are you actually serious? In 2019 you believe that someone can be "guided" into being gay by teachers? Fuck me man, teachers struggle to get the fuckers to come to school and do the work needed for their exams/futures, do you honestly think teachers have a magic wand that could "guide" someone into a different sexuality?

If you believe that someone can be guided or talked into being gay then by definition if you are heterosexual then you could be "guided" into being gay? Have a think about it for a moment, is there a single thing anybody could say that would make you start to fancy men (assuming you are male?)
Similarly do you ever remember making the decision to be "straight" or did you just become aware you were attracted to the opposite sex?

If you do believe that teachers can "guide" pupils into being gay then do you also believe that they have the power to "cure" being gay by "guiding" children not to be gay? Given how difficult being gay can be in a society like ours then if all they needed was a good talking to do you not think it would be done to save the child from the kind of bigotry and hurt that inflicted on them by sad people still leaving in the dark ages (not just muslims but so called modern Brits)

Honestly cant believe that in this day and age Im having to explain stuff like this to an adult. :oops:

Not just muslims, there is at least one person on this thread who doesnt want kids being indoctrinated with the gayeness at school....There are plenty of white Brits, particularly those of an age that we like to excuse for an array of bigoted views who are equally as homophobic as any muslim.

Lets put it this way, schools are so careful with what children see/read or view that we had to write home to pupils in year 7 to state we were using a certain BBC programme as it was a certificate 12 and some were still 11. Similarly in primary we use Kipper and Chip books, do you think that these primary teachers are all of a sudden go to teaching them explicit material?

I don't think anything..i'm just asking what is at the root of getting these Muslims backs up.

I don't think anything..i'm just asking what is at the root of getting these Muslims backs up.

Probably ignorance of what is actually in the curriculum just like on this thread. Sex ed is always age appropriate and to give you a guide as to what is taught and the level it is at, in year 7 (aged 11) pupils are generally taught about puberty and keeping clean, probably the most "explicit" thing they are taught at this age is that they may feel the urge to touch their own sexual parts and that this is totally normal. Google the PSHE Association and see what their guidance is about what it taught at each Key stage, this stuff is not just made up its thought about and constructed carefully by experts and professionals with decades of experience..

For what its worth I would argue improving sex education is probably the reason why we have the lowest level of teen pregnancies (and still falling) in generations. The current rate is less than half what it was 20 years ago.

Probably ignorance of what is actually in the curriculum just like on this thread. Sex ed is always age appropriate and to give you a guide as to what is taught and the level it is at, in year 7 (aged 11) pupils are generally taught about puberty and keeping clean, probably the most "explicit" thing they are taught at this age is that they may feel the urge to touch their own sexual parts and that this is totally normal. Google the PSHE Association and see what their guidance is about what it taught at each Key stage, this stuff is not just made up its thought about and constructed carefully by experts and professionals with decades of experience..

For what its worth I would argue improving sex education is probably the reason why we have the lowest level of teen pregnancies (and still falling) in generations. The current rate is less than half what it was 20 years ago.

Do you as a teacher think this protest..be it by Muslims..Christians..whoever....do you think it has any credence?

Some parents round here ended up in the national press for trying to stop their kids school teaching about Islam, they were ignored.

Similarly these parents need to be ignored when it comes to teaching about LGBTQ.

Sometimes children need a counter narrative to their own parents screwed up views.

You really need to do some research and find out what is actually being taught at a young age....Do you honestly believe that teachers bombard with "all that stuff"? Do you even understand what its like trying to explain anything to a group of 5 year olds on any topic let alone LGBTQ?

What about if I told you that that primary schools sex education is based around what is and is not appropriate/inappropriate touching and that if someone is touching you in private parts you must tell somebody? Is this not something you should be taught?
I've already spoken to my son about the "pants rule", what is appropriate / inappropriate behaviour and personal space fella. LGBT has fuck all to do with abuse and is a topic that I'm not keen on my child being exposed to at such a young age. He knows already that the main thing in life is to be decent to folks and hope that they're decent to you in return. I have no harm in hearing "some kids have 2 dads, some kids have 2 mams", because he'd accept that as he's a relatively well adjusted little boy for his age and he doesn't have a raging homophobe for a mother ;).
My son used to like wearing dresses and playing with dolls, if we lived in America he could well be allowed to take hormones to help him transition into a girl by now (rather than him just experimenting and enjoying playing with dolls etc) and that seed could be planted resulting in the diagnosis of "he's a girl in a boys body" :confused:.
I'm a footy loving, gaming, slightly butch straight female.........I'm not a man in a woman's body, I'm not "confused" I'm just me.

Just because you are too stupid to understand the nuances don't think everyone is like you.

If you don’t think that there are people on the left who won’t criticise a minority group despite it exhibiting behaviour that goes against their progressive views, then you’re not that clever either.

People are homophobic. Countries are incapable of prejudice

Don’t be disingenuous.

Last edited:
I've already spoken to my son about the "pants rule", what is appropriate / inappropriate behaviour and personal space fella. LGBT has fuck all to do with abuse and is a topic that I'm not keen on my child being exposed to at such a young age. He knows already that the main thing in life is to be decent to folks and hope that they're decent to you in return. I have no harm in hearing "some kids have 2 dads, some kids have 2 mams", because he'd accept that as he's a relatively well adjusted little boy for his age and he doesn't have a raging homophobe for a mother ;).
My son used to like wearing dresses and playing with dolls, if we lived in America he could well be allowed to take hormones to help him transition into a girl by now (rather than him just experimenting and enjoying playing with dolls etc) and that seed could be planted resulting in the diagnosis of "he's a girl in a boys body" :confused:.
I'm a footy loving, gaming, slightly butch straight female.........I'm not a man in a woman's body, I'm not "confused" I'm just me.

Firstly many children are not taught the "pants rule" particularly those who are at risk at being abused as often its the abuser bringing them up.

Secondly you probably need to read about what is actually taught before you start using emotive language like "being exposed" to LGBTQ which by definition makes it sound as though its something bad and damaging which it is not.

Ironically "Im just me" is exactly the kind of thing they are taught. Some people may have an issue with you being a slightly butch female but you should not be made to feel uncomfortable or ashamed about that.......Gay people, particularly boys have the highest rates of suicide amongst any group. They need to understand that whoever they feel they are, whoever they are attracted to in terms of gender is perfectly normal and perfectly fine. Sexual attraction and gender identity are not f***ing choices and if you make people believe they are or do not tell children that whatever they feel is not wrong then they will grow up believing they are weird.

Thankfully the next generation is far more enlightened than the last.....On my facebook I have many former school friends from the 80s who are now openly gay. They were never able to admit it at school as they would have been tortured and it was never spoken about at school either.....Thankfully in todays classrooms kids can be who they are, are able to be openly gay without being verbally and physically abused and are well supported by pastoral staff. Similarly in the last 3 or 4 years transgender pupils are now feeling able to be the person they want to be and that too is leading to happier more well adjusted children who can focus on what really matters in their lives without this fucked up internal struggle tearing them apart.

However much todays 40+ s (and sadly some 30+'s) bang on about it, homophobia and LGBT bigotry is dying as they die out....The next generation are far more liberal and accepting of others both in terms of sexuality and race. The world is going to be a far better place once this type of bigotry is consigned to history and people are just able to be themselves without being judged by others.

There’ll be some liberal brains about to spontaneously combust at this situation.
Just for balance I’m not struck on Muslims or ginger beers to be honest with you .

Firstly many children are not taught the "pants rule" particularly those who are at risk at being abused as often its the abuser bringing them up.

Secondly you probably need to read about what is actually taught before you start using emotive language like "being exposed" to LGBTQ which by definition makes it sound as though its something bad and damaging which it is not.

Ironically "Im just me" is exactly the kind of thing they are taught. Some people may have an issue with you being a slightly butch female but you should not be made to feel uncomfortable or ashamed about that.......Gay people, particularly boys have the highest rates of suicide amongst any group. They need to understand that whoever they feel they are, whoever they are attracted to in terms of gender is perfectly normal and perfectly fine. Sexual attraction and gender identity are not f***ing choices and if you make people believe they are or do not tell children that whatever they feel is not wrong then they will grow up believing they are weird.

Thankfully the next generation is far more enlightened than the last.....On my facebook I have many former school friends from the 80s who are now openly gay. They were never able to admit it at school as they would have been tortured and it was never spoken about at school either.....Thankfully in todays classrooms kids can be who they are, are able to be openly gay without being verbally and physically abused and are well supported by pastoral staff. Similarly in the last 3 or 4 years transgender pupils are now feeling able to be the person they want to be and that too is leading to happier more well adjusted children who can focus on what really matters in their lives without this fucked up internal struggle tearing them apart.

However much todays 40+ s (and sadly some 30+'s) bang on about it, homophobia and LGBT bigotry is dying as they die out....The next generation are far more liberal and accepting of others both in terms of sexuality and race. The world is going to be a far better place once this type of bigotry is consigned to history and people are just able to be themselves without being judged by others.
This .

My generation were / are pretty much "live and let live" fella, I'm 43.

Muslims despise gay people
The Ottoman Empire decriminalized homosexuality in 1858. You don't pass a law like that if everybody is pious and all and not having homosexual relationships.

Islam is deeply conflicted about homosexuality.

Back