Music you and ya Da had/have in common...

Shirley Bassey, Roger Whitaker (only because he was born in Durham), Mario Lanza, and the female duo who sang "Yes sir, I can boogie", and I almost forgot the Lighthouse Family.
What the fuck are you on about? He was born in Nairobi, ffs. :lol:

For my father, Carl Orff perhaps.

For my mother, Tom Lehrer, although she also liked New Model Army's lyrics when I read them out to her and asked her why it shouldn't be considered poetry.

What the fuck are you on about? He was born in Nairobi, ffs. :lol:

For my father, Carl Orff perhaps.

For my mother, Tom Lehrer, although she also liked New Model Army's lyrics when I read them out to her and asked her why it shouldn't be considered poetry.
Ooh aye son ah totally agree with kicking fuck out of smackheads...

Got most of my music taste from the old man. He's a classic rock guy who loves Thin Lizzy, Free, Bad Company, Queen (all bands that I like as well)... Not sure there are any bands from my taste that he likes though. I remember my 9th birthday getting A-ha's Take On Me single and he told me they were rubbish and wouldn't last the test of time like the music of his youth.. Got to be honest I was shocked they were around for 20+ years before jacking it in.

Mum's taste is different, she likes Kate Bush, Streisand, Abba and stuff, all of which I can listen to.

Think it was my grandad who was my biggest influence though. He used to be a club singer back in the day and he did all the Sinatra standards and the likes, great voice but it was when he played his organ in the dining room (nee pervy giggles) that I learned so much from him. Rat Pack music, Elvis etc. Even just taking me to footy he would have something old on in the car, have to admit I cannot hear Rita Coolidge's All Time High without thinking about him. Great guy...

Me Dad loved Lonnie Donegan... Never really understood the attraction until I was much older. Donegan released an album in 1978 of his old songs done up... With Brian May, Jim Keltner, Ringo, Rory Gallagher, Leo Sayer, Elton John etc.....its brilliant

Me and my dad went to see the foo fighters when they were on at the stadium the other year. I think it's the only band we would ever go to see together. He always says that I just don't get music cos I don't like the shite he listens to; Led Zeppelin, yes, other shite prog rock bands like that. Was good to be there with him like. That was only the 3rd gig I'd had been to like.

Back